Author Topic: VMX bike of the Year 2010  (Read 5162 times)

suzuki43

Re: VMX bike of the Year 2010
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 08:53:55 pm »
That is a very cool bike but i don't think the one in the top photo is the same bike as the other pictured.
The top one looks like a nice copy of a SR works bike, it has a banana swingarm, moved up shocks and hand made cone pipe that the other bike doesn't have.
Could it be the work of HOLLY EQUIP?
And the tank looks great!

John you are on the case,my photos are via Holly Equips facebook page ;D

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 09:27:13 pm »
That is a very cool bike but i don't think the one in the top photo is the same bike as the other pictured.
The top one looks like a nice copy of a SR works bike, it has a banana swingarm, moved up shocks and hand made cone pipe that the other bike doesn't have.
Could it be the work of HOLLY EQUIP?
And the tank looks great!

John you are on the case,my photos are via Holly Equips facebook page ;D
Thought so.. he's got some really cool stuff. I've been looking at replica Mugen pipes and airboxes he has for sale.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 09:54:40 pm »
I'll get pickky now...top bike the tank looks home made....too many triangles welded together,rear brake rod looks std....works bike would have had alloy torque arm.... exhaust on most works bikes where hydro-formed or a combination of hydro/ cones and the alloy muffler looks like a nightmare racing repro that he has just done....muffler stays on R/H side whereas the other bike it crosses over like a std A4/5.....theres a mixture of A5 lower fork protector and modern top gaiter.....the picture of the forks/ shocks...forks look works but have been "restored" poorly....the tripples look "worksy", but hey, a good painter can do that....but wait theres more...nah, just kidding...there are some "works" parts there but how much?....fakes? or some enterprising restoration?....for what it's worth, I think the top ones a "works" bike but is missing alot of works parts. ;) ;D.....put the knife down Bill....its not worth it...now do I get to ride "green" at Taupo?.....there both cool bikes.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 10:07:18 pm »
I'll get pickky now...top bike the tank looks home made....too many triangles welded together,rear brake rod looks std....works bike would have had alloy torque arm.... exhaust on most works bikes where hydro-formed or a combination of hydro/ cones and the alloy muffler looks like a nightmare racing repro that he has just done....muffler stays on R/H side whereas the other bike it crosses over like a std A4/5.....theres a mixture of A5 lower fork protector and modern top gaiter.....the picture of the forks/ shocks...forks look works but have been "restored" poorly....the tripples look "worksy", but hey, a good painter can do that....but wait theres more...nah, just kidding...there are some "works" parts there but how much?....fakes? or some enterprising restoration?....for what it's worth, I think the top ones a "works" bike but is missing alot of works parts. ;) ;D.....put the knife down Bill....its not worth it...now do I get to ride "green" at Taupo?.....there both cool bikes.
Davey that's why i said the bike looks like a nice 'copy' of a works bike. You been spending too much time with nathan!!

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 10:35:20 pm »
johhny o is right its not a SR
but a nice copy with some good bits
would still be a nice bike to have ;)
follow me to first turn

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 10:45:09 pm »
I think Nathans effected all of us this year....12 months of PMT......do you have any early green in your collection J/O?

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 10:52:08 pm »
Yeah mate i've got a '78 KX250a4 awaiting resto. Green is contageous, i'm looking for more of them now :)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2010, 10:58:44 pm »
I think our little kiwi san mate will get a shock when he wakes up.....what a stooge....better get the Fat Pizza boys on to him.....been drinking to much hot saki....h.ii!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2010, 11:58:53 pm »
12 months of PMT......
and anythings possible in 12 months  ;D  ...Bike of the year ----forget the green ! go with Jimson's Aussie built, little piece of pride.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 12:14:19 am by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

suzuki43

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 07:56:53 am »
Comes back to the old tradesman thing doesnt it?....thats alot of money for a fibreglass tank....for that sort of money I would expect an alloy tank....and I know people who could do that...shit, if you have the real deal to copy why wouldnt you do it properly....unskilled homo's.....thats what they are!!....stooge's....where's my chainsaw....

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 08:19:03 am »
....unskilled homo's.....thats what they are!!....stooge's....where's my chainsaw....

Actually the SR250 that tank was moulded off is the same SR250 as in my photos. Holly does awesome work and I know him personally ....definitely not unskilled or homo.
formerly Marc.com

TM BILL

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2010, 08:41:46 am »
I nearly hit the buy now till i realised it was fibre glass  :o  Yuk its like silicone tits it looks good but it ain't real  ;)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 08:46:51 am by TM BILL »

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2010, 08:52:37 am »
I nearly hit the buy now till i realised it was fibre glass  :o  Yuk its like silicone tits it looks good but it ain't real  ;)

From memory the Kawasaki works tanks of the time were Fibreglass, so he probably thinks it is correct to reproduce them that way.

But your right, and alloy version would be so much sweeter…
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2010, 07:24:49 pm »
What CC's the indian, does it have ducati electrics...
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...