Author Topic: Vintage DT/MX Nats  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Vintage DT/MX Nats
« on: December 12, 2010, 07:50:34 pm »
Quick question. To really promote this years national championships, it's a simple matter to whip up a website dedicated to each - MX and DT. That way the clubs themselves can post any info they want about what's happening, competitors can get the info, post questions, people can generally talk it all up etc. The sites would be deleted once the events are over. There would be no general vmx discussion, just purely about these events.

Or we can just do it all via OzVMX.

Whaddya think?

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage DT/MX Nats
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 12:03:25 am »
i THINK cB IS TRYING TO GET ONE OFF THE GROUND, BUT if i understand it correcrtly ARE waiting on a kid from Tafe to get back to them.  I will ask, but if you start it you have to run it for the full 9 months and not pull out otherwise we are directing traffic to a dead site. 

I personally think a NAts has to have a web site url and content, i DL and find all my info on the net, also i think htis year we are also offering on line entering for the CMX nats, so having all the content in one place makes a lot of sence.

You want me to ask for the cmx for sept ????
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 06:47:55 am »
If they've got plans for a site then leave it at that. I wasn't offering anything special, just an option. Those Ning based sites may be a bit basic, but they are cheap and easy to run, plus people can join them and post their own questions/comments. The idea still stands as far as the Nudgee Nats goes though.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 10:13:14 am »
Quick question. To really promote this years national championships, it's a simple matter to whip up a website dedicated to each - MX and DT. That way the clubs themselves can post any info they want about what's happening, competitors can get the info,thats a great idea for those that are looking for the right info post questions, people can generally talk it all up etc.Maybe not a good idea to have people asking questions and having dissagreements on rules/eligibility etc ,as it creates more work for the hosting club to control The sites would be deleted once the events are over. There would be no general vmx discussion, just purely about these events.

Or we can just do it all via OzVMX.

Whaddya think?

just a few items Steven and I discussed this am  ;D
I like Freakies locked thread,but its got to be bumped up every so often.  8)
cheers
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:14:50 am by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 11:38:36 am »
I agree with you Alison freaky's idea about a locked thread is brilliant, but must keep it updated as much as possible
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 12:17:51 pm »
but thats half the fun ;D

Worms

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 12:34:30 pm »
but thats half the fun ;D
Worms

I'm sending you a big wooden spoon wrapped up for Christmas  . :D
shit stirer  ;)  ;D
cheers Alison
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 12:39:25 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 12:57:48 pm »
Ill update it when i got something to add.  I just fiished the Draft Supp regs so it s with the club now for there comment.  when its been send in and approved we can go crazy.   Not a lot we can post ATM as a lot of stuff is still in the  Works.

Dont worry Ali itll be bumped weekly  when its getting closing time  :O)

I still like the web thing, but more of a dumb page with info and then contact off that,  vmx2011@ hotmail is still the Q and A hotspot.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff