Author Topic: How's this for an insane price.  (Read 6568 times)

mx250

How's this for an insane price.
« on: December 08, 2010, 09:25:46 pm »
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130459585873&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&autorefresh=true

$2,938.00. The seller should be well pleased. Every part of the bike will have to be restored, replaced or re-chromed. Whatcha reckon, another $5000-7000. Restored YM'sx can be bought for $3-4000 in the US. The buyer must be a keen hobbyist rather than a collector or a nostalgic retiree 'born again'. 

It will be a nice bike when restored.

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
Re: How's this for an insane price.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 09:32:44 pm »
Gotta luv the 750 3 cyl twostroker in the background. Good bike for wet weather fun..
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

DR

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 09:43:38 pm »
 :D some days are diamonds..lets just say I'd be even happier when the money is in the bank ;) can't say I've ever seen one before :-\

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 09:46:45 pm »
Dont you see the resemblance where Suzuki copied Yamaha to make their MX bikes Doc?
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 10:09:30 pm »
Dont you see the resemblance where Suzuki copied Yamaha to make their MX bikes Doc?

Or BMW copied the GS450 clutch from..... was predecessor of first Yamaha TD road racers and had the same problems with the clutch jumping off at high rpm.

As for H2 Kawasaki triple, always thought they were over rated, handling is not as bad as they make out.
formerly Marc.com

firko

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 10:43:36 pm »
As for H2 Kawasaki triple, always thought they were over rated, handling is not as bad as they make out.
As someone who owned both 500 and 750 triples I'd question your opinion of the handling Marc. They were pretty awful, especially in the rain. I've got a few gravel scars to prove it. ;D

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 10:54:40 pm »
mate took his H2 to bathurst,lasted 2 practise sessions,was back home sat,thought he was doing ok down conrod,(no one went past),actually back in the pits eveyone said they wern't game to go anywhere near him ,he took up the whole road going in a straight line down the hill,true story, :P
same guy tried H2 dirt outfit,didn't need to handle ;D
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 11:12:54 pm »
Jeez Firko....where lucky your still with us.....most owners of those bikes ended up in a wooden crate not long after purchase!!!....you must have been one of the "chosen".....and to own a half litre aswell as a 3/4 litre.....thats hero status.....I must admit I'd love a 750 in my collection...they are reasonally priced compared to the 900's though. Kawasaki must have had two completely different departments that made those bikes, talk about chalk and cheese. I saw a guy get killed roadracing  750 in NZ, straight into a lamp post, Porirua GP.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Best is in the West !!

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 12:16:39 am »
I saw a guy get killed roadracing  750 in NZ, straight into a lamp post, Porirua GP.

Do you mean Gracefield at a Marlboro series round by any chance, Davey ?
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 05:23:45 am »
I agree Firko l had a 500 and it came new from the factory with a hinge in the middle, went great but did not like going round corners, water bottle bit better, but not much....
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

mx250

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 05:48:26 am »

.... nothing that a bit of frame integrity, decent suspension, brakes appropriate to performance and ground clearance couldn't fix.  ;) ;D.

But didn't they sound great coming on to pipe  8) (at idle and on the over run forget it). Sounded like a turbo spooling up.

firko

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 06:51:31 am »
As bad as the H1 and H2 were they could be made to work. A few years after I sold my H2 I met a bloke who owned a few Kawasaki triples and had made it his lifes mission to tame the beasts. He let me have a ride on his H2 that had been fitted with a braced frame, set of Ceriani road race forks, a braced Kosman swingarm, alloy Konis and a home made CD1 ignition that softened the torque curve. The bike was otherwise as stock as a rock and the improvements were phenomenal,  a pleasure to ride. It was stable at speed and the power came on much smoother but without losing any of the inbuilt thrill. I remember him laughing at blokes fitting expansion chambers to triples as he reckoned they narrowed the power band even more. The H2 is basically three F11 cylinders and he reckoned the Kawasaki race kit had similar porting and ignition timing to the F11M motocrosser.

I always wanted to get another one to do the same mods but now that I'm an old fat guy in my 60's I don't think it'd be a suitable bit of transport.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 09:07:13 am by firko »

mx250

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 07:12:23 am »
As bad as the H1 and H2 were they could be made to work. A few years after I sold my H2 I met a bloke who was owned a few Kawasaki triples who had made it his lifes mission to tame the beasts. He let me have a ride on his H2 that had been fitted with a braced frame, set of Ceriani road race forks, a braced Kosman swingarm, alloy Konis and a home made CD1 ignition that softened the torque curve. The bike was otherwise as stock as a rock and the improvements were phenomenal,  a pleasure to ride. It was stable at speed and the power came on much smoother but without losing any of the inbuilt thrill. I remember him laughing at blokes fitting expansion chambers to triples as he reckoned they narrowed the power band even more. The H2 is basically three F11 cylinders and he reckoned the Kawasaki race kit had similar porting and ignition timing to the F11M motocrosser.

I always wanted to get another one to do the same mods but now that I'm an old fat guy in my 60's I don't think it'd be a suitable bit of transport.
Did he improve the fuel economy (or non-economy as the case may be ;D.)

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 07:25:57 am »
  i got given a Mach 111 back in the 70's (age 15-16yrs  ) by an older friend ! lets just say it had a very interesting front end  at speed :o it was the only  roadie i ever owned for some reason !!! but in some strange way i wished i had it again! sounded cool like a tin full of angry bumble bees   ???