Author Topic: Mikuni ID/help needed  (Read 4560 times)

Doc

Re: Mikuni ID/help needed
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 03:57:44 am »
Loz the carbs we fitted the powerjets to were 36mm. not stock  ;)
the pipes we made were copies of the factory OW70, the owner had a Yamaha book choke full of engine specs for the '83 GP model and the engine was built along identical specs from the base gaskets up. Problem was in this application the motors pretty much run either flat out or nothing but it proved pretty reliable. Blissfully unaware of problems yes  :) had a few little teething problems with the rear cylinders leaning out /seizing but this was overcome after about 4 meetings ending in DNF's :( Seems the only pics I have showing the beast without the bodywork is a video..VHS though.. :-\

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 07:07:44 am »
It's even possible to make your own,sound like the TSR specs getting round now.I'll bet the rear left was the one always seizing????The drama is a combination of rear bank out of phase and the water goes from the front to the rear bank getting very hot in the process.Pity all the 500 engine ended up in those karts as with the RGV/RG 500 and the micoproducts frames for the RZ makes everyones 500cc dreams come true ;D
Jesus only loves two strokes

Doc

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2008, 10:50:43 am »
yup! it was the left rear that had heat issues Loz. Can't remember what he did to remedy it but whatever it was it worked from then on. I remember fanging on 1 of the first RZ500's in QLD and that impression still remains..awesome! ;D