Author Topic: champion frame, greeves stuff, other frames  (Read 6610 times)

Offline maicoman18

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
champion frame, greeves stuff, other frames
« on: December 05, 2010, 10:58:10 am »
This bloke has some different stuff

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/stringofponies/m.html

Ed

firko

Re: champion frame, greeves stuff, other frames
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 01:00:51 pm »
Yep he's got a shitload of interesting stuff all right but he's a tad  ::) off with his pricing structure. He's got to be on harmful narcotics to think he'll get $650 for a set of Maico forks without the clamps, $350 for a stock TT500 alloy swingarm, and best of all $2650 ! for a bare Champion DT1 frame. It's only about two thousand dollars overpriced. Every single thing he's got for sale is overpriced by at least 400%.
It'll be interesting to be see if he sells anything at all.

Why do some sellers put such stupid prices on stuff. Surely he's checked the market to see what equivalent items are fetching? I just don't understand the mentality behind it.

oldfart

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 01:58:12 pm »
Mark , to be frank they are cashing in on xmas buyers as Nathan has posted.

firko

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 09:43:42 pm »
Mark , to be frank they are cashing in on xmas buyers as Nathan has posted.
Perhaps Stuart but I doubt he'll find anyone gullible enough to pay that kind of money.....even in the US.
Let's see how it all evolves in a few days time. It's weird that he's also got the $2650 Champion frame listed on www.vft.org classifieds amongst similar frames going for $600-1000. He's got no hope.

clutchslip

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 11:19:19 pm »
He's had the Greeves stuff all  listed a couple of times at least now over the last few months. It would make a touch more sense if he had the foresight to put
a best offer on his items. He didn't reply to my question as to whether he would ship out of the US either.....

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 12:31:04 am »
the rt clutch cover is a  dt1 with raised lettering and the second clutch cover is rt/dtmx which I got brand new for 140us from beach yamaha
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

firko

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 09:41:02 am »
Another thing that annoys me about 'stringofponies' after a second look is that he seems to have dismantled a rare and perfectly fine Greeves and is selling every nut and bolt seperately. He's also one of those dickweeds that sell a frame and swingarm seperately....two bad no no's in my books. I reckon the only reason he has kept the Rickman swingarm intact with the frame is that it must have a seized pivot bolt. ::)

$350 for a stock TT500 muffler?????........give me a break.

clutchslip

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 11:30:16 am »
Yep Firko you're dead right, one of the Griffon's looks like a real-deal enduro version, not at all common, and the frame looks great in its ad, the swingarm looks good in another ad, and the forks look fine in yet another.... He's also got his RM parts listed on Mark's Swapmeet, and weirdly, the Profab arm looks cheap compared to his other prices.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 11:38:01 am by clutchslip »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 04:14:33 pm »
so who's going to email him and tell him "he's a prick" !!   ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

mx250

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 10:46:54 am »
$2600 for a chassis or $3000 for a complete, presentable, runner? Hmmm, let me think about this ::) ............................

http://www.vintagemx.us/cgi-bin/largephoto.cgi?C=eXegd5ey86DNqqYY
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 10:48:46 am by mx250 »

firko

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 11:22:40 am »
A ha!....A good example Graeme. To make the point even clearer, Greg Bastek's had that bike for sale for months and months with no result so stringofponies is playing with himself to ask only a little less for just a bare frame.
That Champion Yamaha is actually a rare motocrosser, they didn't make that many in comparison to the Dirt Tracker output so I reckon for 3k it's a good thing.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 12:25:55 pm »
Greg has been stuggling to sell that bike for over 6 months, i made an offer ages ago based on a few things and he passed, he kinda been stuck with it ever since, even hauling it to bike swaps and so on, no takers and he never did fix that tank.

KInda shows to me how the market has slowed up in the US, i got a 250YZa for that price recently..........   6 month ealier you would have paid double that.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 05:47:36 pm »
This bloke has some different stuff

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/stringofponies/m.html

Ed

He's still got it all !! right into the next year  :-\
Best is in the West !!

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 08:29:08 pm »
Yep Firko you're dead right, one of the Griffon's looks like a real-deal enduro version, not at all common, and the frame looks great in its ad, the swingarm looks good in another ad, and the forks look fine in yet another.... He's also got his RM parts listed on Mark's Swapmeet, and weirdly, the Profab arm looks cheap compared to his other prices.
Firko is alway`s dead right, l have never seen a dead wrong firko on ANY THREAD.