Author Topic: Theives of vmx and other belongings  (Read 4959 times)

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
Theives of vmx and other belongings
« on: November 27, 2010, 07:16:30 pm »
Guys I have had some stuff been stolen from my front yard the other night they stole my wallet and phone from dads ute also dads gps and other things that aren't any use to them.

Other things that have been stolen are my pushbike from my shed and a jerry can that was sitting in my front yard in the motorbike trailer you could say it is kind of my fault but I have went to the police and haven't had any success any one had similar problems and what did you do to stop them. :-\
1971 tm400 and PE's

Captain Bilko

Re: Theives of vmx and other belongings
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 07:31:32 pm »
what did you do to stop them. :-\

Like the cops say. Don't leave anything of value in your car. As for your shed......
Well you've gotta lock every bike to concrete. Remove wheels. Have an alarm system that a security company will respond to. Have a large dog. Have a large hungry dog. Have a large hungry dog who's handy with a gun etc, etc......

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 07:41:16 pm »
I Do have a dog but it is useless it can only protect my back yard I am thinking of perhaps getting a camera so I can see who it is that comes in to my yard on a regular basis I think it is some one local if I can find out who it is I can go around and sort them out I am sick of it.

I will do some things and see how I go I also bought another ford door knob to stick on my ute when it is locked to appear unlocked so I can set up a camera and see who it is.

Maybe wire some 240 to my car door handle and leave it unlocked.

1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 07:43:03 pm »
I always leave my wife at home . never had anything stolen yet  :D

My mum is home most always but we also get the phone calls that check if you are home.

1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 07:43:59 pm »
And the last things that were stolen we were all home but they must have been quick.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 08:25:39 pm »

You can get cheap camera set ups from www.jaycar.com.au
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 08:34:27 pm »
Google wireless security cameras.  Ther is heaps available and they are pretty reasonably priced.  They can see in the dark too  8)

Go get 'em Michael
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 08:48:10 pm »
You had items stolen from your front yard - I assume you are not on a major thoroughfare - not much to say about that - it is certainly a local. Probably the same person came back for a sniff around in the back too.

As to your shed, you have to padlock it to stop this individual.
What can you do? movement sensors to light up the place, some cameras that kick in.

Or perhaps make a prison cell of your house. Twelve foot spiked fences, locks on everything. Who wins that game?

You just have to make it harder than 'dead easy' and the majority will sniff around and move on to next door.
Where I grew up 40 houses got done over a year before they caught him. A local teen many actually knew, from a dodgy family, just wandering in at random.  Little bastard served time and I doubt he enjoyed that.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 08:57:42 pm »
I bought a couple of cameras I have a flood light but it doesn't go off till you are close to the shed and Dads and my ute are beside the shed so I will stick a couple of cameras up we are actually on a service road it doesn't get any traffic besides people on the service road and any other locals really.

Hopefully it works I don't want any bikes like my PE's gone or I would go insane.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 09:44:16 pm »
Leaving stuff in a ute, and an unlocked shed? Mate, you're making it pretty easy/tempting for both passing and local scumbags!

Before spending money on cameras etc, I'd at least ensure that the shed is secure and can be locked.

I sometimes get scoffed at for putting the clublock on the car, shutting the gates every night, deadlocking the house when we go out... But like I say, I'd rather spend 30 seconds doing that, than 30 minutes on hold to the cops, insurance company etc.

See you tomorrow(?)

Tex

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 10:05:42 pm »
Can't make tommorow Tex unfortunately.

I just bought a sony night vision and motion detecting camera my back yard is secure too so hopefully I catch some vision as I think that every thing stolen is by the same person and it is in the afternoon and a local that walks past every day.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 10:12:09 pm »
  I have alarms fitted to both my house and workshop, deadlocks fitted to all doors, bars on all workshop windows, my bikes are all fitted with alarmed movement censors and chains.  Yet the bastards came in the middle of the day and while I was in the rear of the shop welding and unsighted ( it's a L shaped building) and thieved my full faced Shoei helmet, Digital calipers, small Sidchrome tension wrench and a few other tools the value, over $1000.  The police think it was probably hairy arsed kids and they may have used the helmet as a basket to carry the tools.   A movement activated camera might have helped but with me in the workshop at the time of the thieft it would probably have been turned off anyway.
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 10:19:48 pm »
You should try and bait them. Eg stick an old non working TV on the front verandah, everyone usually has a blown up TV they dont want. Or even just go down to cash converters and you can probably pick up an old non flat screen type for $30. Who cares if they take it, at least you get a chance to get their photo photo on camera ;)
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 10:46:46 pm »
I bought another ford door knob for $6 and I plan to stick it on top of the door knob in the ute with some thing eg wallet sitting on the dash that way it appears open but is actually still locked and I can get a video and hopefully see who it is.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2010, 09:40:39 am »
my house got broken into while we were in bed,he wsant after the bikes as he had taken a pillow case off the clothes line to fill up wity electrical stuff.but he came in through the garage side door saw the bikes and tried to get them but the only way for him to get them out was thruogh the house.but when the dick walked inside the house the birds we own didnt now him so went off.3 sun conures a cockatiel and an indian ringneck screaming at you at 3 in the morning while your trying to rob a house isnt the ideal place to be.so now there is 4 security cameras lots of big chain and locks inside the garage door car parked across the roller door and the birds i think there pretty safe.but if the thieving mongrel bastards want something bad enough they will get it so never let your guard down.cheers gary