Author Topic: Slakewell Motodrome  (Read 2784 times)

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
Slakewell Motodrome
« on: November 26, 2010, 07:43:52 pm »
The Slakewell Motodrome is opening its wide gates for invited guests on March 25th to the 28th 2011, This is a non competition event, think more friendly trail ride at your mates place. You will need camping gear , a bike. if you can ride , beer , something to eat.
If you think this maybe you PM me, Numbers are very limited and special preference will be given to anyone who rode mid 90’s VMX events at Inverell.

Cheers Slake
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

firko

Re: Slakewell Motodrome
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 05:16:48 pm »
Most of the Kevlar good 'ol boyos will be up for this. This will be a beauty with quite a few Queenslanders also promising to come down. I think Slakewells idea is to create an event similar to Jim Scaysbrook and Vince Tesoreiros legendary annual Crash'n'burn ride. Keep the details coming Slakey. :D

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 09:08:13 pm »
Sounds good......how about getting Vince Strang to fire up the old Thumper Nats track....I'll bring some of his old riders along, the guy behind me at work would be keen as ....Rex Fleiter......I'm keen... ;D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 09:46:25 pm by Davey Crocket »
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 09:14:22 pm »
Sadly the old thumber nats track is now run by mini bikes parents.
Side note Vince Strange had fork all to do with the first ever thumber nats apart from being there.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Curly3

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 07:10:18 pm »
Sounds good to me, where will it be held, Inverell way I gather?

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 07:36:20 pm »
Location 12km from Armidale on my property.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 10:49:51 am »
 The time draws closer to this historical event.
As with all events they go much better if the organisers have true indication of numbers. If you feel the need to attend now would be a good time to indicate your intentions.

1)   Accommodation. Is your own tent; you can camp on the grassy banks of Lake Slakewell. Or you can find a quiet spot upstairs in the large shed to throw your swag.
2)   Catering. If Pizza is your food of choice I have an outdoors wood fired oven that cooks 3 Pizza’s at a time. I can supply pizza base but you will need your own toppings.  I will also have the normal GAS BBQ for anyone to use.
3)   Fire. There will be ONE central fire for everyone to use. If you feel the need to light your own fire and do your own private thing then maybe this event isn’t for you.
4)   Riding starts at tenish and finishes when you had enough or it’s too dark.
5)   If I get enough interest I may have test rides on new model KTM’s.
6)   How to get there? Goggle maps is ok you just need Donald road Armidale once on Donald road drive down it and look for sign on the left. If you don’t see a sign and the road ends go back 200 yards.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 06:23:34 pm »
Response has been pleasing and most of the older protagonist whilst being Luddites are attending. The track is being groomed as we type and some maybe virgin grass.
If your thinking of attending best get in shortly as there will be a cut off point. 

Curly3

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 08:03:13 pm »
Count me in Slakey along with my boy and his TTR.
I'm a dirt tracker and the fresh grass track is mouth watering to me.
We'll either be tenting it or bunking in the shed.

Curly3

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 08:15:53 pm »
Trust the politicians to make things difficult.
State erection is on the Saturday.
I wouldn't crawl over Christina to get Bazza, but as a state we've been going backwards for too long.
Absentee vote is the answere.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 09:21:12 am »
Well it doesn’t matter what weekend you wish to run an event it clashes with something no matter how early you give notice.
The weather for Slakewell Motodrome will be perfect for riding the rain has stoped today and the weather gods say fine and sunny weekend so dust free tacky loam is on the cards. Bring a Jacket for night-time you Brisbane dwellers as it will be only 8 decrease a Large fire is prepared.

Curly3

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 07:44:09 pm »
Well, how'd it go, what did I miss?