Author Topic: Dead set Aussie legend Alan Kempster  (Read 3179 times)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Dead set Aussie legend Alan Kempster
« on: November 10, 2010, 08:37:20 pm »
We all like to whinge about our lot and how tough we have it. Well let me introduce you to Alan Kempster, while out riding had a coming together with a truck driven by a drunk driver. Alan lost his right arm and leg in the accident, instead of feeling sorry for himself he decides water skiing would be fun and goes on to win many disabled WC and then  moves on to teaches the US disabled water skiing team.Despite never water skiing before the accident.Alan then decides he wants to ride again , rigs up a LH everything and off he goes. He racing now in Formula 400 with race number 1/2.
ALAN KEMPSTER you are indeed a living legend. Me dips me lid many many times

Jesus only loves two strokes

TT

Re: Dead set Aussie legend Alan Kempster
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 09:05:32 pm »
Excellent! Wouldn't you be pissed off being beaten by a bloke with only one arm!!  :D  Bloody legend alright!

I reckon his biggest handicap would be keeping cams and chains up to that stinkin' Honda.  ;)
Had one of those for 18 months from new. Only got to ride it for less than 12 months. The rest of the time it was in having cams and chains replaced......  ::)

firko

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 10:51:56 pm »
How about this bloke....NTERVIEW Wednesday 11th July 2007 By Geoff Meyer/Plons

Motocross is not an easy sport. It is said that it is one of the toughest sports in the world. Riders have to be super fit and have complete control over their machine. Benoit Pauwels is a Belgian motocross racer who is working hard to reach his goals and make steps forward in the sport. He has a huge passion for the sport and continues to amaze everyone that meets him. A 23 years of age Pauwels won't ever be a Grand...
You see Pauwels only has one arm. Yes, thats right, he races motocross at a good level and controls his machine with the use of just one arm. Pauwels has been invited to race in America in a weeks time and while everything has been organized he has one little problem, he needs a bike.

Pauwels usually riders a KTM 250 2 stroke 2006 or 2007 model and at present he is having trouble finding a bike for his big race in America (set for Florida). If anyone can help Pauwels please contact www.mxlarge.com at [email protected] or Davy Van Der Heyden at [email protected]

Here is an interview we did with Benoit this week.

Q: How did you lose your arm?

A: I had a work accident working on the family farm, falling into one of the machines when I was 11 years old.

Q: When did you first ride a bike?

A: 12 october 2001. I was 12 years old. I had bought a bike for my father, a Honda XL 125. I asked to ride the bike once, I changed the clutch to the right side, and the bike was mine. My father never got on the bike ;-)

Q: What is the most difficult thing about riding with one arm?

A: Woops and..........

Q: What do you like about Motocross?

A: I love to jump table tops. I love to overcome jumps, I'm not really interested in the results, but jumping new obstacles is always a victory. Q: How are your race results? A: I never finished last in a race up untill now :-)

Q: How often do you ride?

A: I participate at the races during weekends, and on wednesday I go training with the bike. I don't have much time during the week, as I work as a mecanic.

Q: What is the race in America. What race is that?

A: The Extremity Games is an extreme amateur sporting competition for individuals living with limb loss or limb difference. It's held in Orlando, Florida, and it has several events such as skateboarding, climbing, mountain biking, BMX, wakeboard, and of course since this year Motocross. The games are held during a week, and the MX event is held on thursday. You can also participate or test other sports during that week as a participant.

Q: Do you have a favorite MXer?

A: Clement Desalle. He's a youth friend, and I think he's riding very well!

MXLarge would like to thank Davy Van Der Heyden and Plons for helping this young rider. It's people like Plons and Van Der Heyden that have the passion for the sport and continue to work towards helping riders in Belgium.

TT

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 08:04:36 am »
Kinda puts all my whinging about shiny bits on old bikes into perspective, eh?    :D :D

Offline steveo247

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 03:31:05 pm »
that might be the guy i seen at Louee one day. pulled up in a van, unloaded his 2 stroke ktm, put on all his riding gear and rode off straight to the supercross track. And later in the day rode around the outside of me on the motorcross track. it was amazing. the guy was jumping a good 8 - 10 metres with one arm..

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 03:46:28 pm »
that might be the guy i seen at Louee one day. 
I've seen the guy on at Louee as well, hard to watch on the supercross track, thinking he was going to lose it big time, but he seemed to have it all under control and having a blast.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 10:31:22 pm »
A video of Alan in action, he was going to be at the Barry Sheene FoS but he dropped it at Broadford he's coming up but not riding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbrIoPY4nO8&feature=player_embedded#at=37

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 02:55:22 pm »
lozza`s do you think that`s going to hold him back ! he was at the barry sheene on the weekend and riding.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 03:33:44 pm »
I did see his name in the results . Top Stuff Alan. Was a big weekend there my spies tell me.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 05:44:55 pm »
…he was going to be at the Barry Sheene FoS but he dropped it at Broadford he's coming up but not riding

Sorry Lozza,
But he rode anyway. What are a couple of broken ribs and a fractured collarbone to a man that races with only one arm and leg.

Never met him before, but what a bloody legend. I still can't work out how he can juggle the throttle/clutch and brake lever all on one handlebar. Hill starts must be a real mongrel!!!

At one point he outbraked himself going into turn 4. Out in the grass, all locked up and he still kept it on two wheels. Fantastic.
VMX42

Crosby, Phillis and Wally were great. But Alan was the standout for us.
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 07:20:29 pm »
Bloody hell Alan will have a lifestyle TV show next if his profile get any bigger ! ;D(was 3rd item on the news ran for about 1.30m)

If anyone can help I'm sure Alan would appreciate it.

HELP FIND BILLY