Author Topic: interspan trouble  (Read 1480 times)

SPANISH ARMADA

interspan trouble
« on: November 06, 2010, 07:50:42 pm »
hi all can someone tell me where to send my interspan off my mk4 weslake have checked the basic batterys ok reading 6.2 volts and every thing inside looks ok but when u turn it on it throws a spark at the switch and gives u a good heart starter for the day but it will not spark when motor turns over thanks this is all knew to me have allways wanted one i have raced speedway for years but in sprintcars and sedans any advise much appreciated

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: interspan trouble
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 10:44:26 pm »
SOUnds like the switch is earthin out.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

SPANISH ARMADA

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 01:06:18 pm »
thanks freaky what do you suggest 

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 06:51:29 pm »
YOu said you have pulled it apart ? is anything touching the sides or the switch back exposed or touching ?

My issue was a little differant in that bike i borrowed last week, it flattend 2 boxes in as many heats both had been rebuilt i assume just the batteries, they would run for 5 mins then the light went out and was flat, i noticed that 4 pin plug that goes into them was loose and keep falling out and assume its soldered somehow and may be earthing to itself or similar and draining out, if your getting a kick from the switch it must be live and your the earth so there must be wirirng issues in that switch, can you change the switch out.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

SPANISH ARMADA

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 11:27:45 am »
thanks will have another look behind the switch and under plug on top not easy as u know there is diodes soldered in behind switch get back to u on that one thanks