Author Topic: redline frames flattrack  (Read 5987 times)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
redline frames flattrack
« on: November 02, 2010, 09:46:12 am »
hi
can anyone send me some pics of redline single down tube frames(not bmx).i have a flattrack frame i bought in the usa as a fasttrack frame but i now have been told it could be a redline
jim

firko

Re: redline frames flattrack
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 10:01:07 am »
Here's all I can find Jim....Als bike that's in Melbourne as we speak. I realise it's not a tracker but it might help.

firko

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 10:20:53 am »
I found this one in my files. I see that it's a totally different frame to Jonesy's. MMMM...Detective work needed. ;D For comparison, could you post the photo of your frame please  Jim.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 10:27:10 am by firko »

firko

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 10:43:51 am »
Jonesy's  locally made Redline replica...I don't know how different it is to the original it was copied from.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 12:21:27 pm »
here are some pics of my frame

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 12:32:19 pm »
Looks like it has trackmaster pipe bends in it and also used there glass tunnels and seat bases. With a champion style motor shoe and a later 80's style swingarm.

IM guessing 77 -82 period.  Put the pick up on FT forums and youll get an answer in 5 mins.

are you sure that swingarm belongs to that frame.  that might help you figure it out if you initially ignore the swingarm.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 12:36:21 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 03:10:49 pm »
the pic is on vft and i am getting emails saying it is a early 70s redline frame.frame no 00036

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 03:14:54 pm »
put same pics on flatrack.com 115 people have looked no answers as of yet

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 03:26:15 pm »
MOst of the early redlines, shell and C&J frames used the trackmaster Glass.  Heck even the Starracers are the same.  So they all have the same rear seat section and single tube under tank, so there 4 frames that all looked similar at the top from that early period, as most guys worked around cal with trackmaster or champion, early in the peice, so they would have picked up the same ideas until they got doing there own designs going.  PRobally easier to say what its not. ( champion or trackmaster )

Someone should be able to pick it from the lower sections where the swingarm gussets are and the down tubes sections off the backbone.   I doubt its ealier than 74.  You may also never no 100% as Any welding type shop could have made it back in the day and the buyer plated it. 

So you can only go by 1. someone who actually made it or 2. by someone that actually bought one like this BITD.   I'm still not sure of that rear arm and champion style engine Shoe is right - but if it is, then that is unique enough to lead you to its maker.

Redline
C&J 350Xl
Starracer
shell
Cheney 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 04:10:21 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 03:50:17 pm »
freaky
i have a staracer and the seat looked the same i never got the glass base maybe still comming i will check if my seat fits it but looks the same from the top where the base sits
jim

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 04:04:06 pm »
Like i said those all used the same seat sections jigs so the starracer should fit, it has plastic plugs in the end tubes so its a later frame, but you just put the rear loop that bolts just behind the shock on to pick up the rear of that glass seat section you have.

How much differance in the lower section  and where the down tubes come off the backbone is it to your star racer frame ?

Also post a shot of the front mount/ front down tube split - that would help them

Someone from the US will confirm it for you in good time.  JUst build it and ride the bloody thing :D

« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 04:09:46 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 11:11:50 pm »
I have a replica Redline [new] track frame to suit Triumph [same as my Bonneville/Redline I rode in some of the Ivan Major showground events which I sold a while ago].It is not a full loop [under the engine] so is different to that in the photo. I intended to fit my XL350 based motor into it ,but decided I'm too old to justify this project ,therefore it's for sale.

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 11:09:45 am »
Jim there is a single down tube redline on vft.org for sale now, looks like yours.
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

firko

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 11:38:20 am »
The one on VFT looks pretty close, one difference I can see is that Jims doesn't have the gussets on the rear downtubes, other than that it looks pretty right. I love this detective work stuff. ;D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 12:01:30 pm by firko »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 12:33:14 pm »
YEp close enough, id be more interested in the foot peg plate gussset is the same shape, rather than that top infill, but from here thats section look the same.
cant see a shoe but it looks like its got a champion swingarm in it though.

Jim what does the distance measure in between the swing arm bolts on yours ?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 12:34:54 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's