Author Topic: False Ebay Advertising  (Read 929 times)

Offline mudguard

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
False Ebay Advertising
« on: October 30, 2010, 10:46:21 pm »
Anyone have an issue with false/missleading ebay advertising?
Tosser ebay sellers from USA. ??? Black UFO Front mudguard, shape is YZ, WR 250/450 approx 2004. Advertising as 1976 Yamaha YZ250 Front Fender. Thought I would help this missled tosser out, by sending a message that guard is not correct part for this model ( 1976 ) and corrected them as it is aftermarket product, wrong colour for yamaha, and shape is for modern bike. Dumb arse tosser replied he knows but it came off a 1976 YZ250 so he still advertises it as such. I recon he has re-advertised it 5 times now as same add.
Just goes to show you cant talk sense to an idiot.
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: False Ebay Advertising
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 07:28:47 am »
I've seen that happen a lot with front mudgaurds.  Same in the TT500 section.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: False Ebay Advertising
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 10:11:24 am »
Its the Americans covering their asres from other Americans whingers: If they blindly state what bike it came off, then they can always plead ignorance.
Making a sensible decision about "its clearly from a 1990s bike, probably a 1994ish YZ125/250" invites whinging along the lines of "this item is clearly from a 1993 model, as it is 1.2mm wider, and I want my money back and...".

Same as the way its very rare for them to sell complete motors (or complete bottom ends) - part of it is trying to maximise the money they make, but its also because they don't want to risk having someone whinge about a worn clutch basket or whatever. Instead, they strip it right down and then list individual parts - and are lucky to sell three of the items...  ::)

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.