Author Topic: Evo vs Pre 85 or is it the same thing ??  (Read 10892 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Evo vs Pre 85 or is it the same thing ??
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 02:10:32 pm »
Tell you what - why not piss off all VMX classes, and just run with the moderns - now that would free the programme right up!
 :D

NAt, we have 4x pre 85 bikes racing at club, now as you explain it,  if thats the only differances  i just dont see the point of it being split up, you must have feilds of 20 riders there to be able to make it viable over there or are you running 2 bike races ?   

PRe 85 is just post 78" yer sure i dont race that period, but from the outside it all seems the same period, there is mono shocks in PRe 75 as thats the year, so why do they cut a period up based on an extra mechanical safety net.    Must be about all those sheap station you boys are racing for.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 02:11:47 pm »
Freaky this topic has been discussed to death many times.
Evo is the biggest class at most races.. It is a proven successful formula.
Why not get to a big vintage motocross in the one of Eastern states and see for yourself.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 02:19:18 pm »
re back in te day there is a can of worms to open the next years bike for sale sept 74 but is a 1975 bike per 2010 or 2008 rules.

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 02:22:06 pm »
Why don't we just all go race speedway?  Not much to debate about there...  ;D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 02:22:22 pm »
re back in te day there is a can of worms to open the next years bike for sale sept 74 but is a 1975 bike per 2010 or 2008 rules.

yes they move the gaol posts a bit--but we can handle it   ;D
Best is in the West !!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 02:22:30 pm »
NO thanks i just wanted to get a heads up on what it means before it comes up at the table for the Nats.

IF they have a class for evo at the Nats, will it be fully subscibed by those from the eastern states, will be my only question on this topic from here on in.  And i mean not talk about, actually turn up and race numbers.

Just so i got my head around this either way.  Like i said its not my period or interest so im fishing in the dark on this one, and i have already been asked twice on the merits on these, so i just wnat a picture of reality before i go into bat on either concept in the future.

JIm with respect your talking about a racing year there and i think its correct as it is, we showcase snap shots in time.

Only thing i can see here as its described is its based on a bikes ability not period, a bit like a supersport class to make the field technically the same as a safety net to average out , its not a period from what you guys are saying, so its a class within a class surely ?

Sorry to ask a dopey question.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 02:26:50 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 02:25:17 pm »
NO thanks i just wanted to get a heads up on what it means before it comes up at the table for the Nats.

IF they have a class for evo at the Nats, will it be fully subscibed by those from the eastern states, will be my only question on this topic from here on in.  And i mean not talk about, actually turn up and race numbers.

Just so i got my head around this either way.  Like i said its not my period or interest so im fishing in the dark on this one, and i have already been asked twice on the merits on these, so i just wnat a picture of reality before i go into bat on either concept in the future.

Freaky just stick to publicity officer not Nats elegibility...and will the pre65 riders turn up and race who tfk  ;D
Class's are made available,,so forget it.. ;D
Best is in the West !!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 02:28:14 pm »
Freaky just stick to publicity officer not Nats elegibility...and will the pre65 riders turn up and race who tfk  ;D

Not interested in Eligibility, interested in full classes....
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 02:49:43 pm »
Not interested in Eligibility, interested in full classes....

Thats were the hosting club needs to maybe correspond with the clubs that do run Evo in oz and see how many are interested.
It will as usaul, come down to entry closing date and all those that want to run at a National's level..
Long live level 4 race secretarys to work it all out two weeks prior to the event  :-*
or you can just handball it/them all to MA enquiries  ;D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 03:21:16 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 03:14:37 pm »
Freaky, I get where you're coming from - but tread carefully because plenty of people are very emotive about anything to do with eligibility...

At the Nats, the era with the most riders will be pre-75, then Evo. For example, in 2009 the only classes to be over-subscribed were Pre-75 and Evo.

Simply ignoring Evo as a class will cause you a ton of grief - and if you lump the Evo bikes in with the Pre-85 bikes, then you'll likely find that the 250s and 500s are over-subscribed. Combining the Evo 125s with the Pre-85 125s probably won't overfill the starting gate, but does risk annoying the people who would like to ride both.

But more importantly, I think that MA will demand that you offer every class. Obvously, you can combine under-subscribed classes, but only after you know they're undersubscribed.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 03:53:33 pm »
Roger that
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 04:27:13 pm »
My understanding from the meeting i just had was there will be both pre 75 and pre85 sidecars with 5 already putting there hands up.  So you should be happy walter, about time sidecars actually had a real title race field.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 05:08:17 pm »
they will all conform .... Question is how much will you have to spend in the next 18 months to beat them   ;D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 05:12:15 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 09:45:05 pm »
Walter - where did that come from? ::)
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2010, 11:08:11 pm »
The Nats are to valuable to be lost .  I rather see you being a flag official than trying to take over  the show .  If you want to do some good com to a working bee . .

Why you wont be there never seen you work unless its for yourself ...

Walter havent seen you for 6 months and your already full of shit.   Try Get somes fact straight this year huh... ::)

FWIW i had a meeting today with the organisor, so yea I have been asked by the guy who is running the show to assist and  be on the VMX  tasks etc etc.  So yes its official so sorry you get to play by these rules.  IM guessing you'll mysteriously be overseas when it happens anyway so lets wait and see before you tell us all how it should be done.  Its going to be released on Sunday, and then i will post up the info here liek David gras did and ask if your coming and age and classes so the guys can get some idea of where the numbers come form, or where we need to find some. so watch this space, put some input in and make the 2o11 champs the way YOU want them to be

CB wanted a modern event not a Vintage actually a post 85 but it couldnt be split, in all honesty as worms said put your hand up so i did, cause i want to ride my pre 75 shit, and from the lack of clubs wanting to host a bunch of old jeriatrics im thinking its best we get involved before no one wants to do em cause there too hard ( well thats what they all say on here) and it starts to cost $300 to enter for non vinatge clubs to make a profit ? They dont do it for the fun of it, its a business.

While were on it anyone go any good leads on GRANTS ? if we can get onto some of them no smoking, be fit for old folks etc we can get the cost down or offset so the enties are cheaper.

IM a cheap arse so i dont want to be paying over $180 and then PLUS plus for extra bikes and transponders.  If we can get them to cover cost, im suggesting extra bikes are free except for transponder hire, so you pay one entry fee, then per extra bike not class to see if we can get more bike numbers to the track.  I think there confusing budgets on Previous bike entries and not Actualy entrants ( there are only so many riders riding) so if its easier to get them to come and bring another ride it will make more a specticle rather than higher fee.   So the only way to help get the cost donw is to help these guys who are making a big effort to make this event happen for us.

PPS.walter..... MAke sure you book lotsa time in that pool you'll need it, cant wait to see those ASA guys hand you your arse in Sept, if you show. ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 11:15:10 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's