Author Topic: Usable clutch button from Dt/yz but needs to be the 45mm not the 40mm one  (Read 843 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
things just not lining up so i need a Usable clutch button to suit Dt/yz, but needs to be the 45mm not the 40mm one.

im not sure what year model they came in but all the ones here i have are the 40mm, but i have a 45mm in another bike as i have just checked.  So must have come out of a Dt1-2-3 or Rt1-2-3 or YZa-b as they all use that rod set up.  Failing that i need the longer 187-190 rod for same, basically im curesed by 5mm atm, everything seems to be 5mm short, piston, barrell , the list goes on so its no surprise.  Need it for a race in the next 3 weeks so need to sort it out Asap.

can someone dig one up.   to the unwashed ( they look like little head valves and sit under the clutch plate cover.

Even if you can locate a 45mm and your sure from what year model it was in, then ill risk buying one on the net, so long as i can get a 95% on what model its from ....... phew im exhausted :-\   hope that all makes sence..
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Have you checked a 125 A,C, X Freaky to see if there 45mm?...I can later on if you like. You could always run a couple of extra ball-bearings between the 2 rods or have you forgotten to put the ball-bearing in? While where on the tpoic, is it the XS500 clutch actuator that you can use in the YZA cover......was looking at one on ebay the other night and looks the same except it's alloy instead of plastic.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Form what i can see the Xs series are steel amle and female plastic, the thread are finer so you have to do a conversion in a pair.  YEs this one is that.  The circle section is shorter so the ball falls out, when you adjust it up to the rod, so it cant be fixed with another ball as that too will fall out.  I have somewhere the longer rod ( not 182 there is a 187mm but i cant remember what it was out of maybe the wider case Dt1 69's also i have a button that 145mm and it works but thats in another one im messing with, and i need either the rod or the button to get the second bike on the line.

IF i could remeber what they came out of i could just net one, but i not sure and the part numbers dont say.

I have a stack of 125 nos 125 for some reason, but they are all smaller like around 120-130 from memory.

I need someone with a gen 69 model RT1 or DT1 to suss out either the rod lenght or the button cause i reckon its off one of them, or out of a YZa cause thats whats clutch is in the other bike.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
i can't help freaky as my motors are together and i'm not pulling them apart to check.
i've just solved a problem with my RT1 clutch thats been nagging me for far too long.
someone previous to me has fitted a different pressure plate thus making the clutch slip at high revs.
problem solved now though.
i would of thought an extra bearing would fix the problem.
there should be 2 ball bearings,
1 in the worm gear,
1 in the hollow of the shaft.
"flat bickie"

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
YZ button has a 307- 16357-00 Rod... wonder what thats from ? and how long that puppy is ?
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
NAh it already has 2 balls , one either end.  what basil is saying is put in another to pick up the 5mm, but alas the ball once adjusted would be hangining in space.

The answer is easy its the longer rod or the longer button, i just have to remeber or find out what one of them came from.  i just need to change one ( the longer rod is easier)
74 Yamaha  flattracker's