Author Topic: bike wanted....  (Read 1385 times)

mortaygo

bike wanted....
« on: October 13, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »
I am looking for 85-89 YZ or CR 250 in ridable/raceable condition..... 

here is the catch - I only have about $1800... am I dreaming... not looking for a show pony, just a good going bike to ride at a few VMX events

I am in Brisbane

Joe

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: bike wanted....
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 12:50:12 PM »
I have a 82 cr 250 that need love and a new home , $600 and its yours.

Forks have very good chrome.  tanks had a cover on it so its neat too.  needs that left side water pump repair or new side cover.  Looks to be all there. motor has comp and selects all gears, it was parked after the water pump necks broke off.

74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 01:13:10 PM »
if you like green, p.m olly-he has a 85 kx250 with new plastics & seat-needs a bit of work, best bargan i know of in brissie

mortaygo

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 01:50:15 PM »
this would be perfect, only getting it from SA to Brisbane would make it cost prohibitive I am guessing...  unless you know anyone heading up this way?

But thank you

Joe

Forks have very good chrome.  tanks had a cover on it so its neat too.  needs that left side water pump repair or new side cover.  Looks to be all there. motor has comp and selects all gears, it was parked after the water pump necks broke off.

mortaygo

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 01:52:09 PM »
if you like green, p.m olly-he has a 85 kx250 with new plastics & seat-needs a bit of work, best bargan i know of in brissie

thanks Whitey, I have been speaking to Olly, but don't know much about electrics.. and not being able to ride the bike before purchase makes me nervous...

Joe

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 01:52:41 PM »
this would be perfect, only getting it from SA to Brisbane would make it cost prohibitive I am guessing...  unless you know anyone heading up this way?

But thank you

Joe

$350 to oxenford.

74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 02:01:03 PM »
mortaygo, i recommend not restricting yourself to that price range.

you are much better off buying a fully restored or race bike rather than one that isn't as it will cost you way more in the long run to rebuild it.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

mortaygo

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 02:09:48 PM »
oh I totally agree, but it is what it is... if I can't find something in that price range, I won't be buying a bike....

I will keep looking.

Joe

mortaygo, i recommend not restricting yourself to that price range.

you are much better off buying a fully restored or race bike rather than one that isn't as it will cost you way more in the long run to rebuild it.

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 02:56:36 PM »
I have a 1989 cr 250 runs,bit noisy but all there 3821 6777 brisbane