Author Topic: REEDY TO HONDA !!! private backing my tip  (Read 37624 times)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: REEDY TO HONDA !!! private backing my tip
« Reply #180 on: July 17, 2011, 03:52:54 pm »
That is amazing, I take my hat off to him.....and fella's, thats the problem........is it motocross or supercross?......no wonder there are so many casulties in our sport....you see how hard and slick that up ramp was....it should have had some ruts in it and then that sort of shit would less likely occur......he deserves to be champion after that.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 17, 2011, 03:56:25 pm »
Yeah that was unbelivable.. i thought he was gone :o Couldn't believe when he got up and back out there!

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 17, 2011, 03:59:36 pm »
It reminds me of when Doug Henry went flying on the prototype (I think) YZF400 and broke his back.......theres not much concern for rider safety.....all about the specticle and money.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 17, 2011, 04:05:42 pm »
Just shows you what can happen when something goes wrong.. they're goin so fast nowdays

Offline Rosco

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 17, 2011, 04:46:57 pm »
We are lucky Goofster after his his Superman today at Millville thats he still with us, ned a lone get up and finish 14th for 5th overall. go Reedy, go on ebay and get Super Aussie Champs Original Jersey Now

oldfart

« Reply #185 on: July 17, 2011, 04:53:04 pm »
To me he was on the gas too quick after his first scare and launched him side ways.
I've give him this though.....He's got balls alright.

mx250

« Reply #186 on: July 17, 2011, 06:49:29 pm »
There's only one word - respect.

You probably know from my previous posts I love Reedy style but this moves respect to a whole new level - Reedy is just one focused determined racer 8)

Offline GOOF

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 20, 2011, 07:36:30 pm »
                          CR 22 the best oz motocross racer produced !!!    HERO 

mx250

« Reply #188 on: July 20, 2011, 08:12:28 pm »
and here's a snippet from this weekends moto 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC4f9TCg4zw
What do you reckon was the actually cause. I think there is a unseen sharp edge filled in hole that put's Reedy off balance and is the immediate cause.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 20, 2011, 08:18:33 pm »
What do you reckon was the actually cause. I think there is a unseen sharp edge filled in hole that put's Reedy off balance and is the immediate cause.
A couple of hard packed sharp edged bumps that he hit coming out of that sandy section. He was on the gas hard after passing Villo and got caught out.

mx250

« Reply #190 on: July 20, 2011, 08:54:47 pm »
A couple of hard packed sharp edged bumps that he hit coming out of that sandy section. He was on the gas hard after passing Villo and got caught out.
From what I can see the up ramp is freshly graded/flattened out (between motos?).  I think the grading simply push loose soil into holes in a hard packed up ramp - made observation (of hole) and anticipation impossible.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 20, 2011, 09:05:57 pm »
Reedy mentioned in an interview that he should've had a better look at the track on the sighting lap.
I don't think they grade the track between motos anymore.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 02, 2013, 10:25:46 am »
most pages on Chan Reed himself ,so throw this from fullnoise in these pages.

TwoTwo Motorsports’ Chad Reed will reach a milestone at this weekend’s Monster Energy Supercross as he hits the 150 start mark in his 450 class AMA Supercross career.

The St Louis event will seem him pass Nick Wey for 6th on the all-time start list, a statistic illustrating just how competitive the Australian has been over a number of years at the front of the field.

Reed is hoping to bounce back from an uncharacteristic evening in Atlanta and show the form he is capable of racing with.

“Last weekend was one of those you would like to forget,” said Reed. “I got a shocking start and from there I was stuck back in the pack – a mid-pack race has a very different dynamic to one where you are out in front or close to it.

“There are risks being taken all around you and you have to take risks yourself. Every point counts in this Championship so I was pleased we salvaged something.” The two time AMA 450SX Champion added.

The return to racing at Edward Jones Dome is one Reed is looking forward to after missing last year’s event due to his injury and recovery regime.

“I missed the event last year so I’m really looking forward to getting back out there and seeing all of the fans,” Reed continued. “I’m hoping we can make up for last week’s result with a strong showing this weekend.”

Reed retained 5th on the 450 class ladder despite the Atlanta result.
Best is in the West !!