Author Topic: REEDY TO HONDA !!! private backing my tip  (Read 37672 times)

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: REEDY TO HONDA !!! private backing my tip
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2010, 09:51:37 am »

;D
"flat bickie"

Offline GOOF

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2010, 11:24:49 am »
 TLD  Honda  is perfect,      i reckon my 1st post on this  topic is  close enough to it,  heard this may be the case  !!!!!    u guys need any more info ???   call  me   hahaha  Cheers  "Goof"   

Offline GOOF

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2010, 11:53:56 am »
   tomorrow  will be a KTM  ok !

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2010, 08:02:18 pm »
We should invite reedy to Dirt track at nepean on Sunday, After all Gally etc partisipated all those years ago...
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2010, 10:01:52 am »
TLD  Honda  is perfect,      i reckon my 1st post on this  topic is  close enough to it,  heard this may be the case  !!!!!    u guys need any more info ???   call  me   hahaha  Cheers  "Goof"   

Hey, Goof

Look's like you may win the chocolate Frog

"Reed loved the bike and TLD is making a formal offer to him on Friday. The dollar amount is significantly lower than some figures being thrown around here. My TLD sources are rock solid iron-clad"

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2010, 12:41:07 pm »
My TLD sources are rock solid iron-clad

Rock solid TLD info, all the Classic Dirt scuttlebut, is there anything you don't know?

If you could PM me next weeks winning Lotto numbers that would be greatly appreciated.  ;D

… but it looks like a last minute offer could be coming Chads way… #22 rules, with Bad Brad as Team Manager!!!

When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2010, 03:36:51 pm »
Rock solid TLD info, all the Classic Dirt scuttlebut, is there anything you don't know?

It was a joke, nothing more!!!!!!  :o
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2010, 05:32:39 pm »
I did hear the BT 101 would have to take a pay cut for next year to ride in the US. Hearsay is he got offered $200,000.00 more to go back to Europe- than he will get in the US. The US economy is very ill!!

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2010, 08:21:24 pm »
Short thread hijack!

Number 8, I asked you on the other thread to leave the CD8 thing alone. So two things:

First, you are entitled to your opinion.
Second, it's my website and I am entitled to ask you not to share that opinion if I think that's warranted.

In this case, I ask that you please stop commenting on the motives of either the SCMCC or the Promoters of Classic Dirt.

There will be no further discussion. Once more and you are banned.

Back to Reedy and what he's up to...

suzuki43

« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2010, 05:33:33 am »
looks like I am not the only one full of bull shite #8........................

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2010, 06:59:43 am »

Would you like to elaborate,

Captain Bilko

« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2010, 10:34:22 am »

No but you're right up there at the top of the list fella. 24/7 and it never stops.........

Offline GOOF

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2010, 01:32:54 pm »
 Cetainly can tell Reedy is back in the U.S,  boys have just told me the SX track in Tassie  has no whoops !!!  that is shit,  this series will head where all previous ones have , money skimping & back where we started .    dissapointing !  was lookin up when he had a vested interest. >:(

aaron

« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2010, 04:17:51 pm »

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2010, 07:36:50 am »
This from the "Daily Telegraph" today

FORMER motocross world champion Chad Reed will today shock the American motorsport establishment by dumping multi-million-dollar manufacturing contracts to create a renegade all-Australian superteam.

Reed, 28, will create history by banishing big names like Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki to build his own Frankenstein-style bike that will borrow from the best of every manufacturer.

The Australian motorbike megastar says he is taking the revolutionary step because he has had enough of the American corporate machine, as he calls it, and wants to do things "the Australian way". And he is drawing on Australia's most celebrated sporting victory over Uncle Sam, the 1983 America's Cup triumph, as he attempts to beat the all-powerful US-backed Supercross teams with his own chequebook.

"I am over dealing with all the teams and the rules and I want to do it my way," Reed said.

"I want to do it the Aussie way. This will be my team 100 percent but a lot of my friends and teams I worked with back in Australia in my younger days will be involved in this race team. So will Australian products and companies.

"There is going to be a massive Australian element.

"It has an America's Cup sort of feel. America was very dominant and then Australia funded a team and they had a bunch of fun and came out and killed it."

Arguably the greatest Supercross rider in history, Reed was being hard-balled by the sport's manufacturers after a difficult year.

Some had even written the Kurri Kurri-raised champion off after he was forced to quit season 2010 after he was diagnosed with the debilitating Epstein-Barr virus.

But Reed is having none of that and will today announce his multi-million-dollar gamble to own and operate his own team.

"The way the economy is going the manufacturers aren't selling the bikes they used to and to end up on these teams they are paying you less and less," Reed said.

"They are also asking a lot more from you and are kind of whoring you out for want of a better world. "I love the sport and I am not ready to walk away but I want to do it on my terms. The risk is high. I am usually taking multi-million-dollar contracts but at this point it is me who will be writing multi-million-dollar cheques."

Reed, a multi-millionaire and superstar in the US, is one of the few men on the planet who could afford such an audacious act of rebellion against the establishment.

He is ranked Australia's fifth richest athlete, behind Greg Norman and Harry Kewell.

Without restriction from manufacturers, Reed will create his own superbike with a Honda at the core.

"As an athlete you are always under some form of contract or obligation and I am in a position where I could rethink that,"Reed said. "I have been able to ride different bikes over the last three months and been able to find what suits me and fits my style.

"The Honda is the one that I have found suits me but I am in a position where I can use parts from anywhere. My weapon of choice is a Honda but I can get bits from anywhere and I am not getting any manufacturer's help."

Reed admits he is taking a multi-million-dollar risk but is banking on Australian companies joining the fight. "But this isn't based on money," he said.