Author Topic: The demise of manufacturing in Australia  (Read 54621 times)

Curly3

Re: The demise of manufacturing in Australia
« Reply #270 on: November 05, 2011, 10:19:52 pm »
That one was just for you Firko.
I can send you some photo's Walter but it'll cost ya, if you search hard enough you can get em free on the net.
Sorry, gotta go, I'll be right there dear.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #271 on: November 05, 2011, 10:29:11 pm »
staffy's are on the dangerous dog register  ???, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 06, 2011, 08:47:13 am »
[/quote

Yeah thats how stupid the lawmakers and desk jockeys are in this country - all grew up in cupboards ::)

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 06, 2011, 09:57:58 am »

A slight deviation here, but apparently some owners were not able to stop their dogs from attacking innocent members of the public. I realise not all dogs are bad and very few dog owners are stupid but I would not want to play russian roulette with the safety of small children out in public. The only dogs that end up on the register are breeds that have a past history of attacking people. By the way, I am not a dog hater.

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 06, 2011, 10:20:53 am »
    Iam also for strong dog control, and theres always the exception to the rule  in any dog breed ,and theres also the grey area of cross breeding, but fairdinkum staffies as a general rule arent savage by nature ! easily on par with most dogs that arent on the list -if anything an inconsistent rule

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 07, 2011, 01:54:46 pm »
Todays news.
It appears that the super funds may NOT be able to pay out all my super in one go  because they don't have the money. ::)
http://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/Retirees-face-freeze-super-yahoo7financewp-619336287.html?x=0

Oh joy.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 07, 2011, 02:14:19 pm »
Mining tax is partly about ensuring that the government superannuation funds have enough cash to cover their expenses in the next decade or two.
So too Costello's "Future Fund".
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 07, 2011, 03:11:43 pm »
Todays news.
It appears that the super funds may NOT be able to pay out all my super in one go  because they don't have the money. ::)
http://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/Retirees-face-freeze-super-yahoo7financewp-619336287.html?x=0

Oh joy.

It's no different than if we all walked into our local bank this afternoon and wanted to withdraw all our savings. The bank wouldn't [doesn't] have the cash reserves to accomodate us all. They would have to shut the doors... and then the value of their investments would be hammered by the markets who would smell blood and the house of cards would implode.

Having said that, the Super Funds have the info, so they need to plan for the future eventuality and have larger cash reserves to cover their exposure. I can't see what the problem is... that is what they are supposed to do. Simply contact their clients and ask their intentions and at what age they intend to cash up.

Now if their investment portfolio didn't cover potential withdrawls... that would be different matter altogether. Look up the Savings and Loans debarcle in the USA to see what I mean.
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.