Author Topic: The demise of manufacturing in Australia  (Read 54706 times)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The demise of manufacturing in Australia
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2011, 10:41:27 pm »

I dont have to take that kind of BS .

And nor do I.
Stop the personal crap, and you won't have anything to take.
Simple enough for you?

It will not be easy because every comment I and often others make your somehow manage to take on as a personal attack.I haven't made any wild assumtions about your mental condition , soberness or substance abuse , incoherentness etc .I only pointed out that you dont remember,can't comprehend etc because ... well you couldn't.I actually dont know how you get on in life. And no theres nothing wrong with my life.If you continue to acusse forum members and Australians generally of being whingers(when you and your mates are the biggest whingers out there) when they are only sharing their person misfortune or views of it on this forum I will stand up for them.I will stand up for peoples right to express there views on this forum or anywhere without having to be continually accused of whinging or being somehow against Australia , especially when that was not what was actually said. I will listen and stand up for anyone who is genuinely concerned about this great country and its future and I will oppose any attempt to silence people from having open discussions ,especially from any partisan serf's like there are here on this forum.People who have been expressing their views on this forum about serious issues affecting this country recently are more Australian, love Australia more than you partisan serf's will ever be or know how.

I am sorry for Stan S and his predicament and for those like him and I'm sorry that after he felt moved enough to share with the forum this that he has probably recieved little comfort from all the bullshit and mostly from the accusations about whinging Australians.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 10:55:00 pm by motomaniac »

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2011, 10:48:25 pm »
do any of you boys need some free concrete, free delivery on the weekend as you all need to harden the f--k up.

worms

No I don't need to harden the fork up for someone like NathanS who can only think to make up shit like the substance abuse ,drunkedness etc. I can take it no problem ,he is just showing his real self (intelligence) for all too see.The amazing thing is that after he continually makes a complete fool of himself he just keeps coming back for more and does it all over again.I'm just glad for his sake that all of this BS has happen at a distance though a forum.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 10:57:02 pm by motomaniac »

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2011, 11:11:16 pm »

so I'll settle for what I've got and enjoy the riches in my life...a roof over my head, a couple of cars in the garage, a bunch of non essential to life toys and a standard of living citizens in other coutries can only dream about.  ;) That's why I'm content.
[/quote]

Thats just dandy but the thread is not abouit your fortunes its about other peoples misfortunes. Why don't you get StanS's phone # and call his family with your suggestion to stop and smell the rose's?

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2011, 11:22:24 pm »
Motomaniac,
Go back and look at my posts in this thread, and tell me who made it personal? Who was singled out by who?

Yes, I've clamped down hard in response - it was a concious decision because you've done it plenty of times in the past and I want it to stop. That's all I've asked from you.
I've made this point several times now, but you seem to want to make it an internet chest-beating competition.
And that's gotta be a really dumb path for you to follow, 'cause the best you can hope for is to be better at the behaviour you hate from me...

While you're re-reading, try to justify how I'm a whinger, or trying to stifle debate or any of the rest of it. Feel free to quote me.

I'm just glad for his sake that all of this BS has happen at a distance though a forum.

1. Is that a threat? Be nice to clear that up.
2. It doesn't have to happen. You keep making it happen. Stop the snipes, and think warm happy thoughts and everything can be fine.

Your move, but I'll suggest taking it to PM would probably be welcomed by most of the rest of the forum.

Your three posts in a row, and the rapidly declining standards of spelling, sentence format and punctuation all suggest that taking a few very long deep breaths would be a good idea.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Mod1

• Global Moderator
  • Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2011, 11:43:28 pm »
Enough  >:(
I could delete it all, but I'd better let Graeme M sort it in the am.....like he wants to deal with it   ::)  ::)
Lets get back too Manufacturing and getting our mates a job if need be.  8)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2011, 06:26:39 am »
Thanks Mod1. I think a few deep breaths from everyone would be a good idea. I'll let this thread continue to run for the moment as it may still have value but it's headed for the dumbgeon as it is. Get back on track please, without the angst. The next person who feels the need to keep the argument alive will cop a week's timeout, OK?

Taka 100

« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2011, 07:30:25 am »
Jobs for the boys , i came up with a great idea whislt driving around looking for cz parts yesterday if old mate who seems like an industrious type want's to start up a new buisness / new job,
here's the spool : everyone will carry them in their glove box and if you work out how many cars are on the road , they might cost $1 , wow do the sums trillonaire (private box for fellow vmxer's at the races and the footy. ) and if you get the insurance industry, police and motoring fraternity to support it to save them selves a lot of time and money and say " wow thats a good idea that will save a lot of time and money "
a stick on little piece of weather proof vynl with you details (as much as you want to put on them with permanent marker ) for those little accidents you have in cart parks etc , you dont have to wait around you just stick it on the damage , take a picture of it stuck on the damage or next to it to prevent the scammer saying you hit the car in 10 places and off you go on your busy life , no more     s"sh*#t   someone has just run into me i will waste my valuable time looking for witnesses , calling the police , calling the insurance company , then because its vynl if you don see it straight away it will stay there , wont wash off or blow away , make contact with the crash test dummy and walah, job done , they would be in every servo , cheap parts shop and even sell the idea to the car companies , when your rich sponsor me on some really cool expensive vmx's and i want to go to the big races os

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2011, 07:43:06 am »
Well one thing going for Aussie manufacture is it is pretty fragmented across a number of industries and has had a good taste of survival of the fittest for a while. This was one of the strengths of Taiwan and Japan (domestically), they did OK during the Asian currency crisis melt down due to this.

I work in ships construction, the whole shipping industry is going down like the Titanic .... Lehman stimulus if anything made matters completely worse, the natural bankruptcies that should have happened didn't and added massively to the over capacity. For the good of the industry 1/2 the new ships in the docks should have been cut down for scrap like they did in 78-80. Dumb thing is the big companies are adding  capacity, construction is 40% cheaper and they are wanting to be the last man standing with the capacity.

What does this have to do with Aussie, ship building is #3 consumer of steel after construction and automotive. Nippon Steel have been asked to reduce the price of steel plate by 30% by the Japanese Manufacturing Group or they will purchase offshore. I think we under estimate that the real recession is just kicking off.
formerly Marc.com

mx250

« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2011, 08:31:07 pm »
It's not just industry that is changing but employment as well. The ABC's 7.30 Report had an article on growing casual and contract employment had how it is driving down wages, conditions and job security. The article stated that 40% of Australian workers are effected.

There's an upside and a down side to it but the growing trend and the growing job insecurity is a worry that will have many and varied implications in the future.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2011, 09:16:00 pm »
Motomaniac,
Go back and look at my posts in this thread, and tell me who made it personal? Who was singled out by who?

While you're re-reading, try to justify how I'm a whinger, or trying to stifle debate or any of the rest of it. Feel free to quote me.

no problem ,see below :-

"Damn, and I thought I could be obtuse and obscure...

Even having some beers since you first posted your cyrptic puzzle, hasn't helped me decipher WTF you're on about.

I'll repeat the main part of my point, as the two talking galahs that constitutes your inner monologue seem to have muddled your thinking:

In Australia, we'll whinge about how hard done by we are, even when things are at their economic best.

I sure you're desperate to have a whinge about how Gillard is out to ruin us and all that, but my point is that we were having the same whinge when things were going great and you had the PM you wanted.

The Occupy Movement has approximated 0.023782% of SFA to do with what I'm talking about.

Please wait until you're sober and on the correct medication before posting again."

The same old boring mantra happens to come from the same people time and time again.It doesn't matter if the topic is the GFC , our debt, mining tax,carbon tax ,Rudd and Gillard or the demise of manufacturing in Australia and everytime it styfle's the debate by accusing members of being whingers or anti/ungratefull Australians and then the personal attacks like you have shown yourself to be so good at come.People drop the subject,leave the forum or worse loose their cool and get banned.
I don't known how much time you have spent in America to come up with the "they dont whinge much",minimal at best and I don't know who people like you and your cohorts think you are telling Aussies that they are the worlds biggest whingers and that they must work much harder and for much less.You cAn take that to your next ALP regional meeting or your union rep, sounds like you have reconsidered work choices to me.
My experience overseas and with overseas visitors and newcomers is pretty much like TMBILL said but I would add that everywhere that I have been Aussies have a reputation as good honest hardworkers and are welcomed.The Aussie spirit of having a go is still with us but like GMC and others have said we are getting reemed.How are we supposed to react? Ohhh I like that , its so good getting reemed in Australia,its the best country in the world!

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2011, 09:23:14 pm »
It's not just industry that is changing but employment as well. The ABC's 7.30 Report had an article on growing casual and contract employment had how it is driving down wages, conditions and job security. The article stated that 40% of Australian workers are effected.

There's an upside and a down side to it but the growing trend and the growing job insecurity is a worry that will have many and varied implications in the future.

Its been happening in the building industry for sometime. My friend from Yass we be well pleased , he says that we must all work harder for less .

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2011, 10:00:55 pm »
Thanks Mod1. I think a few deep breaths from everyone would be a good idea. I'll let this thread continue to run for the moment as it may still have value but it's headed for the dumbgeon as it is. Get back on track please, without the angst. The next person who feels the need to keep the argument alive will cop a week's timeout, OK?

Sounds great to me Graeme. :)

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2011, 11:17:26 pm »

Japan has that problem, it has about the same official unemployment as Aussie but 50% of workers are on temporary contract and treated like a total underclass, without the health and retirement benefits or salary of company workers. Thais a problem when the economy is run too much for the benefit of older workers and not enough thought is put into developing the next generation.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2011, 10:36:00 am »
now I'm getting pissed off, will these same countries allow free trade on Australian made products or are we to be just flooded with more cheap imports, killing off maunfacturing as we know it!!!!!

this government has abolished junior wages in my Industry, why would I offer work to juniors now , after school or in holidays, as much as I want too," and pay senior wages".
just great, more kids on the street, instead of learning how to work. What industry next?

Time to wake up, How long has Gillard had this on her plate to make such a decision, or is it just another diverision of the new Tax for all.

Worms