Author Topic: WP4054 fork  (Read 1889 times)

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
WP4054 fork
« on: September 23, 2010, 03:57:50 PM »
Hi guts & gals, I just bought A White Power 4054 40mm fork & t/clamp & I have A question. The fork is fairly old (non adjustable) & ive only done jap stuff so I need to confirm, the spring is enclosed in A chamber at the bottom of the lower leg & is still full of oil (similar to showas TCC) so removing the bottom bolt will release the chamber/damping rod, i assume. Is there anything I need to watch out for & how much oil is required for reassembily. O.K, thats 2 questions, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Whitey :)

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: WP4054 fork
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 07:11:49 PM »
Whitey,
Removing the bottom bolt will release the oil and the spring only. Depending on the fork version, you may also have 2 plastic pieces that fit inside the springs, just pay attention the the way that they came out so you put them back in the same way.
If the fork hasn't been serviced for a while it will need a full strip and clean and a more than fair chance that the top out rubber will be in bits through out the fork. I've got the capacity for the fork somewhere. In fact if you do a search on WP4054 you'll find heaps of info on this site.

Rod
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 08:11:57 PM »
Hey Rod,
Thanks for that...I wondered what all that shit was everywhere!Thanks for your help. Oil capasity would be great when you have time.
Whitey.

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 09:55:44 PM »
Hi readers, havin trouble with wp's. Can someone fill me in on how to bleed the oil into the lower (spring) chamber.Done thousands of kyb & showa but obviously there is a trick to these ones...Thanks, any advice would be great.
Whitey.

Offline supermoto.mc

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 06:32:41 AM »
you need  full length of welding wire compress fork look down inside you will see top of piston with holes in you use the wire to push down the shims to let the  oil through leval 150mm .oil mix 5 wt