Author Topic: Desirable PE250's (Is there such a thing?)  (Read 16114 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Desirable PE250's (Is there such a thing?)
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2010, 01:38:02 pm »
Hard to get a real good idea as the rear shocks stop you from doing too much.

From brand new the rear shocks stopped you from doing too much  ;D

I am probably not in love with the C,N ... for me T onwards with all the goodies such as multi tool and original turn signals etc would be most desirable. The T had a lot more good time enduro stuff on it, quick change rear wheel and axle pulls, good stuff.

The PE400T motor was ahead of the RM400T,  so I think this is the most desirable PE. The one I lusted after the most.
formerly Marc.com

oldfart

« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2010, 04:52:08 pm »
Banhzy, I would have to agree  T and X  models where a lot easier to work on in pits ( user friendly ) and to me they where a Enduro bike, rather than a bike built to of excess stock.
Davey Crocket, pedals one of these in some of our pre 78 rides and semms to enjoy the moment  ;D 

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2010, 07:36:42 pm »
they where a Enduro bike, rather than a bike built to of excess stock.

The golden era of Japanese enduro bikes must have been 1980-85, ITs from G on worked, PE T on were really competent bikes, KDX 175-200 were the goods. Then the wheels fell off and it was back to riding 4 strokes and coverted MX bikes like the WR/RMX.

For a while the Japanese were  building as good or maybe better real Enduro bikes than the Europeans.
formerly Marc.com

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2010, 09:19:13 am »
Maybe the market isn't as big as they needed.
I would love to see more Dakar style replicas but apparently thats the same situation.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2010, 06:47:52 pm »
I think the WR and RMX were awesome bikes but seemed a bit of a backward step, insofar as they were not pure enduro with all the goodies, just MX bikes with lights slung on them.... actually WR didn't even give you that.
formerly Marc.com

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2010, 08:46:48 am »
I thought they were closer to the old TS/DT type of bike that looked ok but had steel frames and shit rims etc.... having said that my nephew has a TS200R that is a hoot to ride, just under sprung and too heavy.looks the goods on the outside to the average street bike punter and nothing like the PEs of any ilk.