Author Topic: Is pre 90 class too close to moderns, too far from vintage?  (Read 11162 times)

firko

Re: Is pre 90 class too close to moderns, too far from vintage?
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2010, 04:46:56 pm »
I know Tony. I know how genuine he is and I think you blokes have missed the point. Oh, and he is a BIG bastard.....
Whatever point Tony was making went out the window when he came in first sentence with a smart arse attitude.  ''Can some of you early-bike-hoarding legends'' isn't a nice way for a first up newby to get help on this forum or anywhere else. We are all prepared to help out here but he had attitude from the first sentence. I offered him some sensible alternatives, asked him twice what he was looking for but he didn't want to know about it. He'd made his mind up that it's somebody elses fault that he couldn't find a bike, full stop. Probably my fault I suppose because I haven't got a 3k bike to sell him.

He's the one who fu*ked up here not the blokes who tried to help him. The folks on this forum are the most helpful on the 'net and all you have to do is to show a bit of respect and people will go out of their way to help.

By the way, is the "he's a big bastard" quote some sort of excuse for us to suck up to the bloke or is it a threat that we should be scared or something ???         Is it a full moon?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 04:55:45 pm by firko »

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2010, 04:51:41 pm »
Well said trailietrash! I have been involved in speedway (cars) since I quit bikes in 2000. In speedway, they have so many splinter groups started by competitors cheezed off with respecitve clubs that the governing body has had to step in & stop the rot. I would hate to see the same thing happen to sport I love. There has to be A general agreement for this division-yes, join vmx od no - go do club days. The powers that be are the only ones that can sort this out, everyone making their point are all really trying to do two things...1. Look after their interests & 2.Enjoy competiting in the sport they love. I guess at club level A vote can be held and the decision frozen for A specified amount of time.Im only new to this,not a know it all,but this fourm wont fix the issue...

shoey

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2010, 05:02:14 pm »
No worries Mark

I got your back

No one will mess with ya once they see this

suzuki43

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2010, 05:09:41 pm »
Woo hoo a man goes away for a work day trip and war breaks out!!
Great to see Ira Doe defending his patch and my old mate Firko.

In my most humble tool head opinion, we all need to face facts; that as we age,some of us will start to slowly drop off racing,the need has come for young blood to come through,or this great sport of ours is going to die,which will suck.Without wanting to sound like a poof,it would be a shame to see something that I really love, die a sad slow death.
I can remember when I started VMXing (racing bikes), not keyboard racing, that at age 30 I was a baby,but now ten years later at 40 you start to think how the body will handle it at age 50......
While I have in the past and now again own a evo bike its the kettle/linkage bikes that all my heroes raced and hence what I really get off owning.
Anyway keep it going men this is good constructive stuff,Tony dont take it personally mate.life is far too short.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:14:09 pm by suzuki43 »

All Things 414

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2010, 05:15:43 pm »
............I might just give this forum the swerve.

See ya.

T.

Byeeeeeee :D

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2010, 05:21:29 pm »
Time to throw my 2 cents in, if you want to keep "your VMX" with nothing later than pre85 thats fine by me but every era has its fans so I fell that the place for pre90,pre95,pre00 is with a modern club under the banner of RETRO motocross "RMX" then when sufficient numbers warrant the formation of a single entity club with clear definitions, like VMXWA being anything pre75 only (works well for us), they and you will be happy no matter what side of the fence you sit on.
More financial members contributing to future growth is good for all concerned.
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2010, 05:31:06 pm »
Mate, are ya serious?? It's in Western Australia. Have you priced how much it is to transport from WA to Queensland? Makes the purchase a whole different thing......

Yes i am serious, but i did not know he was in QLD. In the end, i dont think theres any excusses as there is still tonnes of bikes out there that can be made into entry level VMX bikes. Numerous people on here have shown fine examples of you you can turn an average TS, DT or XL into a decent VMX bike with out having to spend heaps. And ultimately, if price is an issue for some then you might just have to consider a different sport. No motorsport is intended to be cheap and affordable to everyone, but if you really seriously want to get into it then you will find a way and find a bike. They wont just fall out of the sky. If your fussy and want a pure YZ or RM etc then you got to be prepared to pay a fair bit for one of those.

Although i dont mind the idea of pre 90, i prefer the pre 85 bikes, but i would like to see pre 90 go ahead for the enjoyment of those who are into those bikes. I also think 85-89 is the last stage of major developments where there was lots of changes in designs. To me 'the 80's' is the last era of 'vintage' bikes. i dont really see the need for pre 95 for quite some time and i dont really like those bikes that much but at the same time im not going to jump up and down trying to stop it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:34:11 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2010, 05:43:46 pm »
Well I,m in my 50's I dont see a problem with the pre 90 stuff  when I jump on a bike and am fortunate to have a few of different era's and types I enjoy them for what they are and the engineering that went into producing them, and I am happy to lend them to my friends to have a go at VMX. I have attended 2 National events  and I am happy to race on what ever track is provided I ride to my ability and if its too rough for the bike I'm riding simple I slow down and ride at a pace which is safe for me. Let the Pre 90's in it is up to those people to turn up and race if they don't it will die a natural death.

oldfart

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2010, 05:45:36 pm »
FWIW, I take it you are a Queenslander??? Did you come to CD7 as there where a few bikes forsale well under 3 grand .....Dodgy aka as Wayne was selling off his colllection of Suzukis most went for around $3000-00
TM Bill rode a Ts 185 around and had a ball ( told everyone it was a factory special )  ;D