Author Topic: Another square barrel.  (Read 1265 times)

firko

Another square barrel.
« on: September 11, 2010, 09:57:29 am »
Things must really be bad in the US. Not a day goes by without another half dozen bargains popping up on eBay or the Swapmeet. This Maico is one of those bargains but if you're interested be warned that it's far from complete. The forks are later model 38mm internal spring items, probably a '75/76 model and not legal for pre 75 let alone pre 70. If you'e wanting to do a full resto be also forewarned that besides a set of proper external spring 36mm forks you'll also need a Maico full width front hub. This bike has a CZ front wheel fitted which would be fine for a racer but no good for a resto. The broken frame is a bother too. You'd have to be pretty handy with a tig to repair and then gusset it properly. Other than that...not too bad but I've seen better for the money.

FOR SALE
Ad # 3158814   September 10, 2010
1970 Maico 250 MC

Title: 1970 Maico 250 MC restore or parts bike
Price: $800.00
Description:
A 1970 Maico 250 MC needs to be restored
· Motor, Tank, Air Box, and Fenders, swing arm looks good.
· Seat needs foam and a cover.
· Frame is broken at the steering head.
· Rear Wheel and Sprocket has rust but could be cleaned up.
· Forks have rust pits but could be cleaned up.

This is a project I purchased 5 years ago with the intension of doing a restore but have no time.

I am also selling a 1970 Husqvarna 400 Cross. Everything is there, straight and clean just needs a ground up restoration also.
       bryan paquette
vista, ca
Phone: 760-580-6396 | Email
Registered Since 6/8/2010 | 2 Posts   

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Another square barrel.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 07:18:19 am »
........I don't mean to hi-jack, Mark, but how come this '70 has those cases and my '71 has oval cases ?? This is something I've never been able to understand  ??? ??? ???

Roger