Author Topic: VIPER rnd 6 MONZA WAS AWESOME 13-09-10  (Read 6532 times)

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
VIPER rnd 6 MONZA WAS AWESOME 13-09-10
« on: September 09, 2010, 05:59:30 pm »
Just done a track inspection & the bloody thing is dry. Cannot believe it myself. One sticky patch over the back and even that's not too bad.

No excuses now, entries closing soon. GET THEM IN.

Perko (Viper666) 0427 334186

Entry form

http://www.vipermx.com/assets/pdf/MonzaPark%20round%206.pdf
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:13:35 am by Viper666 »
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

All Things 414

Re: VIPER rnd 6 Sorry to hog forum but MONZA IS AWESOME 6pm 9-09-10
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 05:31:15 pm »
How awesome was that?!!! Well done Perko, Jacko and the rest of The Rovers crew and Viper.
A mind-blowing track....... ;) :) :o

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 06:27:56 pm »
Agreed!

Tex

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 08:18:57 pm »
Yeah that was a absolute ball tearer today .Well done to Perko and the Ballarat rovers couldnt have been better .Only thing i didnt like was getting roosted by Kenny Baker and his 490 Maico .Had a great day fighting with Lance for last place all day. I havent been to Monza since 1981 but i wont miss the next one . Shit Hot.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 08:22:57 pm »
Yep ,A great days playin on a BRILLIANT track, Top job Perko,jacko ,Rovers an Viper,well done   8) 8)

Offline PB

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 08:35:07 pm »
Track was unreal. Would have to be one of the best prepared Viper tracks I have ridden on. Great fun and safe.

I rode both a vintage and modern bike and couldn't get enough. Thanks BigK again for the loan of the Husky. XL500 didn't make it past practice.

Once again, today was trick.

PB

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 10:17:07 pm »
dam spewing i couldnt makee it today   :-\
MUGEN power

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 09:12:56 am »
Thanks for the compliments. I couldn't believe that we nearly had a dust problem.

Once again my fellow Rovers came to the fore and ran another great day. Many thanks to them as it is a team effort. Big thanks to Jacko for preparing the track, one of the best I think you would agree. I haven't got the bill yet but I dont expect much change out of $1000 but it was worth every cent. Thanks to the couple of Viper boys who helped with flag duty. I know myself it is hard to do when your races come round so quickly. Just a suggestion to the Viper committee to change the lunch break, like I did, to before the second modern class thus freeing up most of the modern boys, as they usually only race that class, to flag till the break after their first race.

Sorry to the Pre 85 125-250's in the first race but I did tell the stater it was the last practice but a couple of you guys told him it was the first race, hence the cofusion.
Oh well, no harm done, you got a couple of extra practice laps. Apart from that I think the day went pretty smooth. No major injuries to speak of but I do know their will be a couple of sore boys today. Hell I'm sore and I didn't fall off. Not through lack of trying. (Tuesday is the worse day)

I want to appologise to the boys Wright & Stevens. Other club have let the boys race their 85 & 80 in with the Junior lites but unfortunately rules are rules.
I remember a few years back when MA/MV got wind of this and threatened Viper with never issuing a permit again if it was to continue. I'm sorry to the boys but I just wasn't prepared to risk it. Other clubs, that's their decision.

Perhaps I shouldn't raise this here as all has been positive but I just feel I have to say something. I must admit I was a little disappointed in the numbers (41 Viper as apposed to 20 BRMCC). NOT from a money point of view as our club has NEVER ran these days as a financial excercise but just from the support side of it. If a club, any club, goes to the effort to host a Viper round, and lets face it it's not a money spinner, then it is up to ALL of us to support them. Otherwise you may find down the track clubs wont bother and then where will we be. That being said BRMCC will ALWAYS run an event for Viper, at least while I'm still around, for the dedicated few that does support us no matter what the PERCEIVED conditions may be like. I would still run it if there were only 40 Viper members total as long as 90-95% of them supported it not less than 40%. I know it's late in the season and a few have dropped out of contention for end of year points but is that what it is about for some, trophies? Hell just go to a shop, buy the biggest one there, get your name on it & stick it in the pool room if that's all that makes you happy. Viper days to me is the package deal. Camping over, having a few beers round a fire, talking bullshit, (The older I get, the faster I was) walking round the pits admiring all the different sorts of bikes and of course, the racing. Dont get me wrong, I like to win but it's not the be all to end all for me.

On a brighter note, some of you from the classic side will know Greg Flood & Daryl Turner. They are keen to hold another event but like everyone are struggling under the new government rezoning to find land to have a classic, natural terrain, event. I am hoping that with all the clearing that has been done as you come in the gate on the left that we can do something there. I even tossed up the idea of closing the main gate and using the far east entrance and utilizing the land around the dam as well. We were going to have a look yesterday after racing but time & a few beers got away from us but stay tuned because I am confident we can do something but I need Floody & DT to give it the stamp of approval. If it does happen I see no reason why Viper cant use it after the classic boys.

Once again thanks to all that came, glad you enjoyed it.

Ross Nimmo, I have Dave Allens stand. I'll catch up with you so you can give it back to him.

Perko (Viper666)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 10:01:25 am by Viper666 »
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

Offline Scunge

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: VIPER rnd 6 MONZA WAS AWESOME 13-09-10
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 09:21:16 am »
Thanks Perko & Rovers. Awesome day!

I am one of the sore bodies. Took a 89 kwacka for a spin and it spat me off, followed me in,  then chewed through my shirt & flesh with the backwheel. Nice bruise/dunlop knob marks on the lower torso!

Still, as I say to my kids, no blood, all fine!

Great day none the less!

Offline Stevo17

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 09:28:46 am »
Awesome track guys !  Thanks to everyone for putting on a superb round - totally brilliant ! 

kaw440

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 09:40:49 am »
As Perko said was one of the best times you will ever ride monza and he was right this time just perfect for all that went soft because of the whether you missed out big time thanks Rovers for a great day thanks

Offline POM

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 09:52:35 am »
Nobody can complain about monza yesterday....a grand day had by all.....well done perko!!

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 11:34:01 am »
Gee miss one round in about 9 years and all you read is about not supporting clubs, or being to soft because of the weather.Just to close to the nationals for us,with Griffiths next weekend.
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 12:22:05 pm »
Fantastic track for both modern bikes & vintage alike. Fast, flowing, big jumps but SAFE, exactly how all tracks should be. I had a ball even though I tugged my crook hamstring in the first race. Some close racing with a couple of guys and I reckon in one race, I could hear KB breathing for about the first four corners as we went side by side a few inches apart. That was grouse! To echo everyone else, well done to Perko & BRMCC.
Chees,
K

kaw440

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 12:51:02 pm »
For all those that did not go for any outher reason  than the weather and conditions then disreguard my coments in my first post but if you did not go because of the weather well then what can i say soft is a good word i think and if you have taken offence to my comment well what can i say sorry hows that