Author Topic: Late 70's Vinduro Headlight  (Read 1474 times)

TT

Late 70's Vinduro Headlight
« on: September 01, 2010, 09:29:13 am »
I'm after a period correct, late 70's headlight to fit to a Euro Vinduro project.
Prefereably good, used condition. Not new.
pm, email or give me a call on 0410 504 815 if you've got something kicking around in your shed that you'd like to sell.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Late 70's Vinduro Headlight
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 12:37:55 pm »
are you still riding enduros Tony ? i have a project i need to get off the ground and also a rider for it.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 12:55:33 pm »
UFO still make one. You can get them from various places. Ebay, Motoduro, MD Racing Products, KTM Klassiker. All ship to Australia.
This one came out in 1978. Available in Red, Yellow, white.

If you need a used one then you can find plenty of ratty old Preston Petty ones on ebay.

Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

TT

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 12:56:11 pm »
are you still riding enduros Tony ?

Nah, I just want to do a few Vinduros. Don't want to get too serious about the modern stuff again.  ;)

Thanks Leith, but I'd rather a used one to fit in with the look of the rest of the bike.  :D
A new one will stick out like an elephant on heat............  ;)

IT400C

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 01:32:07 pm »
I've got a used, off white Preston Petty replica....  Probably don't NEED it anymore.... :'( ::)

IT400C

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 01:40:56 pm »

(The lense and protector were taken out for a VMX, but are back in now)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 01:54:05 pm by IT400C »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 02:33:15 pm »
Tony, cut a long i bought a 82 IT 250 bike donated via FWS http://www.fws.org.au/resource-recovery.php, and althoght its not somthing i would normally need or buy it was more of a jesture, then i  kinda said id help them get some exposure and promo in the local paper etc.  As in Rebirthing old goods into new again.  FWS supply a lot of services in the community by supplying special needs people to do all sorts of jobs and this recylcing yard at the tip is one of them.

After some soul searching i felt i couldnt onsell the bike, and I kinda said to them i would tidy the bike up for a before and after shoot to inspire people to shop there, then i kinda got to thinking what about using it for racing again etc and then could use that for photo opps and editorial in the local paper ( i have contacts who love this stuff) on how its going so they get in the paper every month or so, i have run it past a guy who does Clubman MX and he is keen, and i can probally get it on the DT track myself, or someone to ride it but be better if it was placing ( hence making the story better) so i was kinda figuring if i can get the bike to a few folks to race/ ride we can keep updating its life and using FWS as the sponser ( even though they dont pay a cent) but it would be a good way to get them exposure and keep the good cause out there. 

Ill try to get a picture of it but its a neat 1982 it 250, its in Barn find condition so it wont take to much to get it running well and all the bits are there so its a perfect project, as in it looks a bit shappy dirty and with faded plactics, but a weekend spuce up and it would look like new and perfect for the idea of recycling bargins etc.   

Ill try get a picture if im down victor this weeeknd, but love to here any ideas and thoughts you have for this project, but Harrow, a 6 hour, finke hattah, Dirt track pre 85, MX pre 85 i reckon we can get this all over the place...  but be better if we can get a decent rider on it so the event is worth doing and the progect some results/ status.  I dont know much about this model good or bad, but I think with a simple rear tyre change it should be compeditive in a few differant disciplines and at least be out there for the cause.

what you think, am i dreaming ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 01:43:23 pm »
Hey Tony,

Still looking? There's a Maico item on ebay that might suit (well, it starts with M...). Item 180560021853.

Cheers
Tex

TT

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 02:20:51 pm »
Thanks Tex, but I've got one coming from IT400C. Now that I've actually remembered to pay him for it.....  ::)