Author Topic: First True Production Scrambler  (Read 4719 times)

TM BILL

Re: First True Production Scrambler
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 06:23:34 am »
dont be harsh dave needs the money for a big bore kit for the nationals

Ouch  ;D  now thats going back a bit  ;)

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 10:18:54 am »
Mark, don`t be concern about the money, the issue here is that its gone to a fellow that is in my club and it will be restored and raced, you will see it at the next Bannaza week end . Thats the good news.

firko

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 10:53:40 am »
I'm not the least concerned about the money Dave. I got my price, you got yours so all's well ;). The only thing that gets to me a bit is that every time you buy a bike, no matter what it is, you tell all and sundry that this is the bike and it'll be a keeper. Then within a week or two you invariably put it on eBay. If you just quietly went about wheeling and dealing like most of us do and didn't go through with the 'bike I always wanted' charade, nobody would give you any stick at all.

Dave, you're a likable good bloke and one of the sports real characters but you set yourself up for the sucker punch every time.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:55:57 am by firko »

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 11:17:15 am »
Too -shay.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 07:11:14 pm »
i envy you in a way Dave as i get attached to my bikes and don't want to let them go and there fore don't get to experience others models/makes.

i started riding in 77' as a 13 y/o and have never ridden the following but would like to ride one day

CR480RD 83' ( run out of time at CD7 with a swap with Shane Wilson)
an early KTM,
any montesa  (hint Ross),
any bultaco,
any ossa
any Husky (would love a ride on an Auto or 430 white tank model like big k's 1983)
a KX500
A CCM

so really i have not experienced all that the bike world has to offer. my loss. where Dave has probably ridden nearly every thing at least once !
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

ted

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 08:16:15 pm »
Hoony will most likely agree...these things are somewhat rare and revered. Thats the only reason i bought it.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 08:33:31 pm »
Firko you should have kept the DT and sold me that PE of yours. ;)

My shed never has less in it even if you clean it, mymum was mad at me because she couldn't get the mower out becuase it was behind a few bikes but my bikes are all going to a shed near you David so if you want to store a bike I could help you in September/October may help you find that keeper none of my bikes leave the shed. ;)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 08:55:04 pm »
i envy you in a way Dave as i get attached to my bikes and don't want to let them go and there fore don't get to experience others models/makes.

i started riding in 77' as a 13 y/o and have never ridden the following but would like to ride one day

CR480RD 83' ( run out of time at CD7 with a swap with Shane Wilson)
an early KTM,
any montesa  (hint Ross),
any bultaco,
any ossa
any Husky (would love a ride on an Auto or 430 white tank model like big k's 1983)
a KX500
A CCM

so really i have not experienced all that the bike world has to offer. my loss. where Dave has probably ridden nearly every thing at least once !

Hoony, your welcome to have a ride on my 360 Bully sometime.
Stan.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 09:06:28 pm »
would love to swap bikes one day Stan, thanks.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 09:48:13 pm »
Hoony, if you ever have a chance to ride a B50 BSA, or CCM, same power, do it, the first thing that will come into your mind will be, way am l bothering with 2 strokes. Dave
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 09:56:36 pm by DAVID#46 »

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 09:52:10 pm »
Thank you Frosty, that is very kind of you, Michael if you are having trouble finding any parts for your bikes just give me a call and l will help.