Author Topic: What Junior Club did you start motocross?  (Read 18501 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: What Junior Club did you start motocross?
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2010, 03:49:03 PM »
Viper yep that was the one!!!! ;) Club later affiliated with the "Official controlling bodies" but seem to remember it folded only 14 days later.... and that black sticky mud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: What Junior Club did you start motocross?
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2010, 08:23:23 PM »
Raced a honda Dax and SL70 at the Patterson Mini bike Rallies in 70,71. Didn't even need to belong to a club back then. Turned 14 in 72 and wanted to race the newly brought in sub-junior category for 14-16 yrs, before then you had to be 16 to enter an open meet as a C grader. Joined the Oaklieigh MCC as it was close to Bentleigh where I lived. Dad took me to my first meeting at an old building near the footy ground. Two meeting rooms full of men. One the OMCC the other AA, guess which one we picked. After a few minutes they probably worked out I was too young to be in AA (except for the bloke having a swig in the back corner) Oakleigh was a trials club back then except for Steve Cramer and Skppy Parsons who both rode for Athol Patterson. Eventually went to the Hartwell club, then the Speedway Motorcycle Riders Association as it was also a separate body. In the old days you also had to get a clearance from one club to join anoher. Used to practice at the sand track in Tulip St in Sandringham, or at the salt pans at Fishermans Bend or next to the VW factory in Centre Rd,Oakleigh. Much further to drive now to get a ride, except in Mackay where the MX track is righ next door to the CBD.