Author Topic: PE400 Bottom End Gaskets  (Read 1103 times)

rohan

PE400 Bottom End Gaskets
« on: August 20, 2010, 07:33:52 pm »

I am currently having the bottom end on my PE400 rebuilt and the builder is having a little trouble locating a gasket Kit. Can anyone help me out with an internet address or two of some suppliers.

I have added a picture of the bike in its present state. The bike itself (minus the engine) is nearly finished with the bottom end being built at the moment and the top end I have just received back from the bead blasters. I have a large order of bits and pieces in the post from bike bandit such as all cables and air intake boot for example. I ordered Navy blue fork boots but they have arrived purple so I have another black pair on order. Decals are in the cupboard and the exhaust has been repacked and recapped however it does have some dints and slightly draws from the look of the bike. In essence the bike is factory PE with the exception of an RM400 plastic kit and 1 inch longer shocks. Still a lot of work to do but it is finally starting to look like a motorbike again.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: PE400 Bottom End Gaskets
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 08:10:17 pm »
Have you tryed http://www.anchakandsons.com/

in the end you have a couple of gaskets that are piss easy to make. Just drop into Sprint Auto parts, Supercheap Auro or Auto Bahn etc and buy a sheet or roll of gasket paper and then grab a pen, scissors and hole punch. Yes i know OEM gaskets are nice but its not the end of the world if you cant get them and they can be easily made and be just as good as OEM if your careful. I make a lot of gaskets. Another source is to look up gasket material suppliers in the yellow pages. Most capital cities have a few suppliers.

Also you might have more success buying individual gaskets. PE gasket 'kits' were discontinued years ago.

The bike looks good by the way. Rims look interesting.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 08:16:10 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline suzuki 400

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 12:21:49 am »
Should you get bitten by the bike bug like me,one becomes three no five ,better hide this one from the missus......have a crack at building a motor for your next project allways plenty of people to offer ideas,pitfalls to avoid and so on

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 06:00:13 am »
Did you check with Ray at Suziparts?
eBay hads std PE400 gasket sets come up every now and then.
Ron Anchack has most of what you need.

Did you read join the PE list and read the FAQ? :-)

Luke

rohan

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 08:49:32 am »
Luke - Yes thanks I did join the PE group on yahoo and the wealth of information is fantastic.

LWC82PE (I think its Leigh) - I followed the link you gave me above and located a complete gasket kit that suits thanks.

Suzuki 400 - This is my first build and I had intentions of doing everything myself as this was as much about learning and gaining skills as it was about gaining a motorbike. I have however just bought a house that is an ex rental needing work and I know working on the bike will have to take a back seat once settlement date comes about. So my hands were tied it was basically pay someone to do the bottom end now and have the bike finished or wait maybe twelve months or more until I can get back to it.

I have kept good before and after pictures of everything done so I will post a decent thread of the build once complete for anyone interested.