Author Topic: Aussies heading to Vets MX of Nations-MA NEWS  (Read 27672 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Aussies heading to Vets MX of Nations-MA NEWS
« on: August 19, 2010, 05:17:37 pm »
Aussies heading to Vets MX of Nations
August 17, 2010

Big Honda Rider Brad Van Barello will be one of the four Australians taking on the Veterans Motocross of Nations even in 2010
Australia and MA will be represented in the Veterans Motocross of Nations event being held at the iconic circuit of Farleigh Castle in England on 18/19 September.

The Australian team to compete in the MXdN event consists of Brad Van Barrelo, John Kittle and Russell Williamson out of Queensland and Chris Hall from South Australia.  The draw-card event will be run over four motos of 20 minutes + 1 lap on twin-shock machines over the two days of racing. 

The four riders will be pitted against some big names including ex-World Champions Eric Geboers, Graham Noyce, Neil Hudson, David Thorpe, Shayne King and David Knight (of Enduro fame). 

In excess of 10 other riders (De Witt, Karsmakers, Anderson, Prince, Wheeler, Herring, Schmitz, Mathia, Hanson, House, Pratley etc) have GP experience behind them to add to the competitive level of the event. 

It is rumoured that Josh Coppins will be riding, and Chris Walker is taking a break from road racing to compete.

Australia’s Jeff Liesk will be racing as well as getting back together with Geboers and Thorpe for some demonstration laps on a replica works Honda CR500 machine, reliving the days when the three were team mates but highly competitive against each other at tracks such as Farleigh Castle.

The Australian riders have sourced the twin-shock machines in England and have been pleased with the support of the local riders. 

The bikes used in the event are predominantly from the early 80’s era, and are regularly used in the very popular British Twin-Shock MX Championships.

Event organiser, Dave King, expects the Vets MXoN to be the major Motocross event on the British calendar behind the Maxxis British MX Championship events for 2010. 

With 11 teams from around the world competing, the event is assured of international attention.

Farleigh Castle is to Motocross as Monaco is to Formula 1, and many a round of the 500cc World Championship was held at the circuit during the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s before it was closed and returned to farming. 

Two MXoN events were held at the circuit which is laid out over natural terrain and includes some steep uphill and downhill challenging sections, following the same course as that used for the 500 GP’s through the 80’s. 

“The track looks fantastic and I can’t wait to tackle the uphill and downhill steps” said Van Barrelo when shown photographs of the circuit.

All four riders are gathering as much information as possible about the circuit to ready themselves for the challenge, mindful that riders from last year’s highly successful event will have some track knowledge and the English riders will have studied the new layout first hand this year.

Williamson was not as enthusiastic about the infamous steps, remarking that Van Barrello and Kittle were mere youngsters compared to himself and Hall. 

“Being in our 50’s, we are going to have our work cut-out for us against the so-called veterans who are 35 - 40 years old. 

"Fortunately, each team must have at least three riders over 40 years old, but Hall thinks that should be over 55 years old so that he doesn’t feel left out!” remarked Williamson.

John Kittle was very pleased with the support offered by Motorcycling Australia, and noted “There is an enormous amount of interest in veterans racing and evo and Vintage Motocross world-wide, and the event at Farleigh will bring that all together. 

"We are proud to be representing MA and hope that our efforts to compete at the event will attract the international fraternity to compete in events down here such as the Honda Broadford Bike Bonanza”.

http://www.ma.org.au/index.php?id=12&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=2932&tx_ttnews[backPid]=6&cHash=17553e3e52
Best is in the West !!

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
Re: Aussies heading to Vets MX of Nations-MA NEWS
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 08:34:28 pm »
i actually like the steps cant wait ;D
follow me to first turn

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 09:11:10 pm »
i actually like the steps cant wait ;D

What are you going to ride up and down the steps ?
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 09:23:47 pm »
i am riding a yz465 in the des nations
and a honda cr480 in pre85
john and brad are riding modified honda cr480s twin shocks
and chris purchased a maico 490 to ride over there then bring back
got it for a good price too
chris has organised sponsorship from MA
aust race jerseys shirts and jackets etc
so we will at least look the part
the steps on the circuit is where they took the rock
out to build the castle so you ride up one section go along top then
come back down very cool 8)
follow me to first turn

mx250

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 09:28:59 pm »

the steps on the circuit is where they took the rock
out to build the castle so you ride up one section go along top then
come back down very cool 8)
We'll expect a full report, including before and after play, ..........with pixies of course.  ;) 8) ;D

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 09:31:24 pm »
taking lots of piccys and i am wearing
a go pro camera for the races ;)
follow me to first turn

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 10:16:34 pm »
With the technology these days I would suspect/hope/pray that the organizers website may have scoring or a blog going on during the event..
Would be great to see all the live action 8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 12:26:46 am »
yep!
this whole things just sounds so cool 8)
you guys have fun now hey :)
well done for all of you in getting it all to happen.
make sure you all bring back a heap of stories for us...
"flat bickie"

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 08:31:04 am »
well, its getting close to D-Day and Holeshot is getting edgeeeeeeeeeeee!, light duties only Boss man, stuff that, I'm making him work harder so he will be fitter and stronger and have some endurance to whip the Pom's ( can i say that) on their turf, as for the other 2 bludgers going from Qld, at least you'll get away from Anna for a while! Lucky, Lucky bastards (can i say that). So Holeshot might get his work finished on time to catch the plane, but I'm going to save all the nasty jobs till just before he leaves, payback for not taking me with them, lousy bastards, i could of been the pit bitch, bastards.

Cheers Trev, it's allright, i will stay here and do your work for ya Holeshot! you lucky bastard!

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 10:22:22 am »
This is such a cool thing, good on you guys for going over to wave the flag for the Aussies and give em a bit of a serve. I hope there's plenty of coverage on the web and maybe a feature in a few of the MX/VMX magazines around the world.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 10:48:17 am »
Sounds like a cool event to be part of.
With some of the name dropping going on our guys are going to be the underdogs, but this might let them sneak in under the radar while the stars are waving to the crowds.

Good luck guys, I'm sure you won't do any worse than our modern des Nations efforts.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 06:38:50 pm »
i wont be nice to them! i want to get them fired up so they will preform, holeshot, 090 and Johnnnnnnnny O, bastards i say, all bastards ;D

Cheers Trev, what times your plane holeshot?

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 08:09:54 pm »
As a wise man once said... suffer in your jocks!!!  :-*

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 08:29:32 pm »
Trev i hope you've been giving your #1 employee plenty of time off to practice and train for this.. ;)

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 09:00:05 pm »
yes he has cracked the whip but i dont mind lifting 20kg bags of cement all day ::)
i will show them my guns and they will all run and hide ::)
told the missus too pack her bikini to be pit girl and clean bikes
between races  that went down real good :o
follow me to first turn