Author Topic: Dirt Bike Magazine August 2010  (Read 2103 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Dirt Bike Magazine August 2010
« on: August 18, 2010, 02:09:11 pm »
I don't want to burden anyone too much with the modern stuff. But US Dirt Bike is starting to look like Australasian Dirt Bike.

But picking up August addition of US Dirt Bike magazine, you have Chad Reed shutting them down at the Hangtown MX the first of US outdoor season, Paul Whibley, Kearney, Strang, all running out front on GNCC and offroad series.

Dick Burleson is keen on the new KTM 350 4 stroke and even mentions the potential that the DR350 had years ago.

Finally a couple of really decent features, one is about the works bikes of the top outdoor MX runners, with Chad's bike being tricker than gold dipped titanium mined in an alien solar system.

But the high light for me was an article on the potential of small 2 strokes like the YZ144 and KTM150, KTM 150 wipes the floor with a 250 4 stroke and more power to them. Yamaha has a 144 kit off the shelf for your YZ125... lots of talk about affordable modern racing making a come back in a world of 4 grand head jobs.

formerly Marc.com

TT

Re: Dirt Bike Magazine August 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 02:26:59 pm »
Every few years I pick up a modern magazine and have a read.
Sounds like it might be time again.  ;D

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 05:00:49 pm »
One modern mag to get is the Trans World Moto(I think that's what it's called) Has a feature on world sidecar cross coming up so I've been told by a guy that gets his airmailed and gets it early by a month or so!!
Peevs me a bit that the current world title holder has won it 10 or so times and also finished in the top 20 on the Dakar as a privateer but no-one outside sidecar cross knows about him. Anybody with that ammount of riding skill deserves better.
Even the Brit champ is a multi time winner and you never hear of him either.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 05:51:23 pm »
well your prayers are answered because Classic Dirt Bike Magazine is running extensive side hack coverage. I didn't even know there was a modern hack championship. ::)

Review of 150cc 2 strokes was kind of cool, bet they are a hooter to ride. Seems a bit of back lash where the parent / sponsors of the young guys can't see their way past canceling the family holiday to rebuild juniors top end.

formerly Marc.com

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 06:11:54 pm »

4 grand head jobs.

Geez I don't know how you could justify paying that much. In the Valley in Brisvegas I think a pineapple will get you one of those happy endings!  :D

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 06:25:20 pm »
…I think a pineapple will get you one of those happy endings!  :D

Hey Brad,
Is that why you have a pineapple plantation in the backyard?  ;)
Don't let the missus know, or she might find a different use for them.  :o
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 08:08:00 pm »
the pineapple express, rides again ;D

worms

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 09:10:44 am »

4 grand head jobs.

Geez I don't know how you could justify paying that much. In the Valley in Brisvegas I think a pineapple will get you one of those happy endings!  :D

And I thought you blokes were called Banana benders  :o  Silly me.  ::)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 09:54:06 am »
For 4 grand they take their teeth out and that costs a bit at the dentist. :D :D