Author Topic: Saving photos off eBay  (Read 3072 times)

Offline PEZBerq

• Legend
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
Saving photos off eBay
« on: August 13, 2010, 08:02:02 am »
Computer gurus - what is the best/easiest/laziest way to save photos from eBay onto your hard drive ??? ??? ??? ??? Lots of good detail useful for restorations can be found on peoples photos often.....as long as not taken with shit phone cameras etc!  Used to be able to right click and save photo but eBay doesn't have this option now.  Currently using print screen and pissing around to get the image pasted into a Word doc etc :P :P Thanks for spilling your trade secrets ;D ;D ;D
Husqvarnas: 78 390AMX, 82 430XC, 84 240WR, 84 500AE, 84 510TE, 87 510TE

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Saving photos off eBay
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 08:13:29 am »
mine still works right click save as

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 08:30:30 am »
my right clicker still works a treat too.
if you aren't able to "save as" then can you still "copy"?
then "paste" ;).
"flat bickie"

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 08:39:16 am »
You can save pictures as before with internet explorer but not with firefox
Ban BLACK rims NOW

firko

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 09:11:47 am »
No probs here using Internet Explorer

Offline BJJ

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Remote PC
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 12:32:49 pm »
If the photos have an eBay or Trademe "watermark/tatoo"  then you may be infringing on the said auction sites copyright laws.  Better to email the seller and tell them what you are doing,  most people are happy to oblige,  and you will get a higher res image.  Just an idea,  not meaning in anyway to spoil UR fun.

Offline zorroz

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 02:13:38 pm »
Computer gurus - what is the best/easiest/laziest way to save photos from eBay onto your hard drive ??? ??? ??? ??? Lots of good detail useful for restorations can be found on peoples photos often.....as long as not taken with shit phone cameras etc!  Used to be able to right click and save photo but eBay doesn't have this option now.  Currently using print screen and pissing around to get the image pasted into a Word doc etc :P :P Thanks for spilling your trade secrets ;D ;D ;D

I have the same problem with google chrome can't save pics. I have to open the ild internet explorer page and can save them that way which is the old way.

Offline PEZBerq

• Legend
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 09:15:07 pm »
Ah ha - I am a chrome head so that seems to be the problem.  I shall try the evil one then i.e Microsoft.
Husqvarnas: 78 390AMX, 82 430XC, 84 240WR, 84 500AE, 84 510TE, 87 510TE

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 04:28:03 am »
yes, it depends on what web browser you are using, i use firefox and google chrome and both do not allow you to save some pictures!, what i usually do is open the picture and then take a print screen using the button on the keyboard (reads - prtsc) and then paste it into a word document, using the crop tool you can then get rid of any parts of the print screen you do not want, then save the document  ;D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 04:30:59 am by #148 »

mx250

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 08:58:13 am »
yes, it depends on what web browser you are using, i use firefox and google chrome and both do not allow you to save some pictures!, what i usually do is open the picture and then take a print screen using the button on the keyboard (reads - prtsc) and then paste it into a word document, using the crop tool you can then get rid of any parts of the print screen you do not want, then save the document  ;D
I've use FireFox. To grab a pixie off Ebay right click on pixie, go to 'View Photo Info' and open (left click). Go to top drop down menu and open 'Media'. Work your way through the file description and use 'save as' as needed ;) ;D. (You can pinch everything ebay logos, buttons etc etc and build your own Ebay Page ::) :P :D).

;) ;D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290462280599&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT#v4-42

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 03:09:23 am »
NICE!, never knew you could do that, thanks  ;D

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 09:38:33 pm »
Shhhh MX250  ;) now they all know.... :D
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.