Author Topic: GP victor  (Read 4945 times)

Offline big mac

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
GP victor
« on: August 11, 2010, 09:52:33 am »
pic's of finished GP.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: GP victor
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 09:56:51 am »
Good stuff,Congratulations.  8)
Where are you going to be thumping around on that beauty ?
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline big mac

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 10:46:58 am »
Harrisville this weekend is to be it's first outing, track should be prime as it has been raining here in Bris for the last 24hrs.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 11:20:23 am »
Harrisville this weekend is to be it's first outing, track should be prime as it has been raining here in Bris for the last 24hrs.

Ah Harrisville -have heard its a great little spot.Mr B Cavell wish's he was attending.
Enjoy throwing out some fast cc's-should be great.Would love some pics of it dirty  :P
We will be racing in the dust if this forecast rain doesn't get far into the wheatbelt in the next few days.
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 11:59:47 am »
Hi,
What a great looking bike, well done ,pleased to see a real scrambles bike that has been  brought back from the grave,is it true that the BSA factory only made 200 of this model ,
I wonder how many real GP's still exist in Aus or in the world for that matter , is there a BSA GP Victor register to keep track of them.
Looking forward to seeing(and hearing) it back on the track.   

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 12:54:45 pm »
Depending on where you read it, the quantity made was around only 264 or close to that. Its in the 260 region anyway. i know of 2 genuine ones locally, and one is in original but rough condition sitting in a shed since the 70' doing nothing. There a heaps of replicas and converted Victor specials/victor enduros though.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

firko

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 01:47:21 pm »
Nice rare piece of kit Big Mac. There's not nearly enough of these little beauties on the scene on this side of the island. As Leith says, there are a few bikes based on Specials and Enduros but not nearly enough considering how quick the little buggers can be made.
I know where there's a genuine GP Victor with a period fitted 500 Triumph engine that's been sitting without wheels in an old outside toilet for over 40 years. It's still got it's numbers and dirt from the last Moorebank meeting it raced at in the sixties. Apparently the original 441 engine is in the garage "somewhere". The original owner's long dead but his daughter who lives in the house won't even consider selling it or even drag it out and put the wheels back on it. There's a rusty old Harley Pea Shooter speedway bike in the adjoining back shed as well. 

What's that front wheel out of Mac?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 04:45:10 pm by firko »

Offline big mac

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 10:28:44 pm »
I know of 3 guys that have gp's in the Brisbane 1 is in as new condition the others are in verious states of repair. One of the fellows has 2 so that makes five with mine just in the bris area.

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 12:01:55 am »
I just happen to have one in my shed, and yes it does get ridden from time to time. Not concourse but in good race condition. Sweet little bike but if ridden on a really rough track(read modern), my arse at the end of the day resembles that of a baboons! (just thinking what have I been doing looking at baboons arses!!!!!! :-[

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 03:28:52 pm »
Nice job-  extended seat on mine that gap is a nasty thing waiting to happen and did not want to be unich in chinese court.....lol
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina