Author Topic: top 10 Antipodean riders  (Read 13948 times)

suzuki43

Re: top 10 Antipodean riders
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 11:02:21 am »
Clarification I am only voting for the best MX rider; tarmac scratching and dirt tracking (no not the type done in Paddington) is not of interest to me but if it was, I would say Aaron Slight and Mick Doohan.

MX racers:
Best Kiwi:Darryl King an absolute motocross legend and good fella.
Best Ocker:Who cares..just kidding umm err hang on maybe..oh well Jeff Leisk it is!! ;)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2010, 11:07:17 am »
Best Ocker:Who cares..just kidding umm err hang on maybe..oh well Jeff Leisk it is!! ;)

Jeff Who ??, holy hair gel cmon Chad Reed, has actually won the toughest MX and SX series on earth.
formerly Marc.com

suzuki43

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 11:14:47 am »
Sorry Marc,'The Chad' doesnt deserve to clean Jeff Leisks boots.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2010, 01:23:31 pm »
Sorry Marc,'The Chad' doesnt deserve to clean Jeff Leisks boots.
Ha ha.. I'm a Leisky fan too. Will be awesome to see him back in action at Farleigh in Sept.
Darryl King is a good choice for the kiwis..he's been at the top for a couple of decades.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2010, 03:15:43 pm »

Ha ha.. I'm a Leisky fan too. Will be awesome to see him back in action at Farleigh in Sept.
Darryl King is a good choice for the kiwis..he's been at the top for a couple of decades.
[/quote]

Darryl and Shane are just the tip of the King family MX iceberg with still fast older brothers and up coming nephews that are also horror fast. Something in the Taranaki water has produced more than an occasional world champ and Australian champ. ;D

I like Liesky but he looses out based on he never won in the AMA and Chad did, given how effortlessly even the second best US riders win the MXdN its not hard to see where the real competition is. 

formerly Marc.com

suzuki43

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2010, 03:30:39 pm »
Yeah Marc I reckon you shared a few spliffs with Geoff King,come on admit it.

Sorry I cant agree with you,Leisky is the man,especially with such a character of a brother; 'Red dog".

'The Chad' is a pimply faced girls blouse compared to Leisky,even though I respect what he has done.Leisky is from the era of real men who tamed the evil two stroke open bikes.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 03:44:52 pm »
I like Leisky because he did it in a tough era against real men on real bikes.
Chad's turned gay since he went to the US with his pox accent and ear rings, there has been no depth in the US for years with RC and Stewart doing it effortlessly against a field of prima-donna's.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2010, 04:04:12 pm »
Chad's turned gay since he went to the US with his pox accent and ear rings, there has been no depth in the US for years with RC and Stewart doing it effortlessly against a field of prima-donna's.

Come on Johnny, don't hold back. Tell us what you really think?  :D
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

TT

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2010, 04:05:46 pm »
If you remember back to '92 Mick was kicking everyones butt including Rainey and Schwantz and had a huge lead in the championship when he broke his leg. He missed several races and came back on crutches to ride the last race and only just missed out on the title.
He was beating the best before they retired and to go on and win 5 titles with a leg like his is a remarkable achievement.

Fair enough, I guess I just saw things a little differently back then.   :D

firko

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2010, 04:11:05 pm »
That's funny. ;D The last time I mentioned Chad's 'Pox' accent on this forum I copped it from all quarters. I've been too scared to bring it up again.  :-X

suzuki43

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2010, 04:13:21 pm »
Here, here John ;D

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2010, 04:16:59 pm »
What about THE CROZ for NZ Hero.
Wheelstanding from corner to corner down the hill at Bathurst and waving to the crowd will do it for me every time.
Guy had pineapples the size of pineapples and a wicked sense of humor too. :)
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2010, 04:29:46 pm »
I like what Chad has achieved but just not into his image.
Leisky retired a few years too early or he surely would've come home with a World 500 MX Title.

All Things 414

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2010, 05:06:16 pm »
That's funny. ;D The last time I mentioned Chad's 'Pox' accent on this forum I copped it from all quarters. I've been too scared to bring it up again.  :-X

He was only there a week and he had it ::). The lights are on but no-one's home.....

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2010, 05:38:22 pm »
Sorry I cant agree with you,Leisky is the man,especially with such a character of a brother; 'Red dog".

Red Dog is a fat sweaty bastard with a disturbingly good sense of balance when it comes to wheelieing an MX bike at walking speed.

Regard Chads pox accent and dress sense, its exposure to the Yanks, Jeff came back with a forked up American Accent and poncing about in corduory jackets and paisley shirts like Jeff Emig.
formerly Marc.com