Author Topic: Anyone Used Them Before ??????????  (Read 1971 times)

Offline spicydave

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Anyone Used Them Before ??????????
« on: August 06, 2010, 10:24:01 pm »
Hi all,

I want to order some parts from www.vintagedirtbikeparts.net

Just want to know if anyone ysed them before and how is the service??

Thanks,

mx250

Re: Anyone Used Them Before ??????????
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 07:11:42 am »
I'm pretty sure it's the same guy I've dealt with On Ebay - he is a Monty fan  8) :). (I've noticed a few Ebay Traders, like DC plastics, open the own sites - fees?).

I haven't dealt with this site yet, but if I'm right and it the same guy things should go well.

All Things 414

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 07:37:29 am »
It sounds very much like Jeff Nolan (vintagedirtbikes and stuck-in-sixties). Last time I heard about Jeff he was un-capable of speech and soiling his pants so I doubt he'd be able to put together another site.
Hopefully it isn't Jeff 'cause it looks like they have some good stuff there. I'd certainly be interested in some.

If it is him....... ::)

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/stuck-in-the-60s&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SELLERID
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 07:43:10 am by All Things 414 »

Offline vmxken

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 07:52:16 am »
No, it isn't Jeff Nolan.  If you right click on any of the photos on the site it says copyright of rtrmoto, which interestingly is Randy Thompson, who sells Can-Am parts and has done for a long time, on another website.  As 414 says, there's lots to buy and I'm just about  to email them myself (they have a gasket set and brake shoes for my Beta!).  Also somewhat interestingly, they have a photo of my Beta that they've lifted from somewhere and now say they have copyright.

Regards

Ken

All Things 414

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 07:56:08 am »
That's good then.  :)
I think Solomontesa would probably be interested in some of the other pictures they have too.....

Lets us know how you go.

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 08:10:29 am »
I can say for sure that Jeff Nolen is no longer in the vintage motorcycle business.
Everything he had has been sold off and he is going to be in rehab for the near future.
He's toast...

Regards, Jared

firko

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 09:20:00 am »
OK...I'll ask the question, What happened to Jeff Nolen to have him "spoiling his pants" and be "toast". Curiosity's got the better of me. ???

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 10:41:55 am »
One word....  Drugs.  How a person can blow over $200,000 up his nose in one year is beyond me!

firko

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 01:56:50 pm »
Wow, that's a shame. 200K on marching powder is a serious habit. I hope rehab works for the poor bugger.

A prominent former pro flat track racer friend of mine from Central California had become so fuc*ed up on cocaine and alcohol that he lost his business, wife and most of his friends over a three year period. Luckily he managed to keep his huge house as thankfully the mortgage had been paid off during the good years. Remarkably he still owned most of his bike collection, although he was starting to sell one or two off every time he needed some cash. When I visited him in the late 90's he was living in the living room of his 5 bedroom two story house and the only furniture in the whole place was two plastic chairs, a plastic table, a mattress sitting on the floor  and a portable TV sitting on a milk crate. He was obviously embarrassed and made the excuse that he'd sold his furniture and was waiting on a new lot to be delivered "any day now". He knew that I knew the true story but we went along with the charade. All he could offer me was a Bud lite, a Tequila shooter chaser, a line of coke and a plate of nachos. It was so bloody sad seeing what he's become in the 10 years since I'd first met him.

Thankfully a number of his loyal friends had hung in there and by 2001 they'd had enough. They decided that if nothing was done to stop his slide he'd be dead within a year. As a group they had fund raising to raise the funds for a period in a rehab unit in Palm Springs. They actually had to trick him into a group confrontation with all of his friends and family by inviting him to a "party" where they all confronted him with their brutally honest opinions of what he'd become. From there he was taken directly to the rehab centre for a dry out which lasted nearly three months.

Today I'm happy to report that he came out the other end totally clean and as of yesterday he reports that hasn't had a drink or a line of coke since 2001. He reckons he still occasionally "feels the need" but has so far managed to fight it off. Without these good friends contributing a serious amount of money (and love) for the rehab and support, my friend would no doubt be dead today. 

Sorry for the hijack.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 11:17:49 pm by firko »