Author Topic: cr wide footpegs on ebay  (Read 3229 times)

Offline Paddles

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
cr wide footpegs on ebay
« on: August 04, 2010, 11:05:08 AM »
This is just a heads up for whoever's interested, there's some wide steel footpegs to suit '88 to '94 CR's available on ebay for $20 with free postage to Australia from Hong Kong at the moment which i reckon is a red hot price. I've grabbed a set because i reckon they'll fit my '86 RG as well but there's 9 sets still left on his advert.

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: cr wide footpegs on ebay
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 11:29:40 AM »
I just bought A set for my '88 YZ250-they are well made & look great!!!

firko

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 11:50:19 AM »
Shock, horror.....They're made in China, the home of everything evil and nasty in the world of dirt bikes.  ::)

Offline Paddles

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 02:03:11 PM »
i'm desensitised to it now firko, just about everything's made in china these days. i'm just upset cos i only ordered a set of those weld on wideners from ballards on monday, they'll work out at double the price of these nasty ebay jobs at 20 bucks and i'll still have to weld them on. i'm thinking they can go on the 465 instead.

lc4

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 05:43:41 PM »
I would be worried that they are made from the typical Chinese "Plastic steel" and fold over on landing on your first jump ;D

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 06:21:32 PM »
Shock, horror.....They're made in China, the home of everything evil and nasty in the world of dirt bikes.  ::)

Edit; They're made in China, the home of everything evil and nasty in the world.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 04:13:26 PM »
Edit; They're made in China, the home of everything evil and nasty in the world.

Edit Edit ; They're made in the Greens Party offices, the home of everything evil and nasty in the world. ;)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Paddles

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 01:40:51 PM »
are the greens running out of china now ...........................

no wonder we haven't seen garret at all this election ..................... ::)

firko

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 02:02:47 PM »
hock, horror.....They're made in China, the home of everything evil and nasty in the world of dirt bikes. 
I was being a bit sarcastic ::). These pegs are just fine. It might shock a few of the anti Chinese parts lobby to know that most of the expensive "Made in the USA" pegs are made alongside the cheap eBay Chinese item. The only difference is the packaging. ;)

Offline whitey 43

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 07:23:38 PM »
Hey guys,just A note to let you know a little bit of info...I just fitted a set of '03-'04 RM wide footrests onto my '86 CR125 with very little effort. I just cut a bit off the shank at the bottom of the mount (on the new peg), straightened the end of the spring & bobs your uncle, nice wide footrests!