Author Topic: Another ebay issue re selling and the ATO.  (Read 17337 times)

Offline Turtle.Inc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Another ebay issue re selling and the ATO.
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2010, 08:10:45 pm »
These are pretty much the questions the ato will ask you in the event of an audit, probably from behind bars if your a queenslander :'(

When your activity commenced.
A description of your activity.
A copy of your business plan.
A copy of profit and loss statements (that is, income and expenses).
Projected profit and loss statements showing how you intend to make a profit from your activity.
Details of equipment and facilities you use in your activity (including depreciation schedules).
The records you keep in respect of your activity.
Any qualifications or expertise you possess in respect of your activity.
Details of any relevant organisations you are a member of (include any relevant publications you subscribe to).
Any professional or expert advice you have sought in setting up or conducting your activity.
Copies of any relevant licences, government approvals, planning permits etc. you have obtained or applied for.
Your main clientele (for example, general public, friends or workmates)
How you advertise your products or services.
How much time you spend on this activity each week.
Whether you are engage in employment or another business activity and the amount of time you spend on these activities each week.

Chances are some of these would apply to most users on the forum but it pays to be informed beforehand ;) You can always apply to the ATO for a private ruling and then you will be covered going forward at least
Always looking for Maico parts/bikes, cash paid

cagiva125

« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2010, 08:41:22 pm »
Hi guys i just got the same email,ive been collecting bikes since 1999,ive sold a lot in the last couple of years, now who knows if where in trouble or not i spent some time out of work,and sold alot of projects on ebay as i needed money interesting what happens from here!!!!!!!!!!..

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2010, 09:51:44 pm »
Geeeez, I better sell all the mega twos before they hit $20K  :D :D ;D :D ;D :D :D
"light weight, and it works great"  :)