Author Topic: Another poor unsuspecting soul got caught!  (Read 2401 times)

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Another poor unsuspecting soul got caught!
« on: July 15, 2010, 02:11:19 am »
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!
A "never was" of the Nineties...

All Things 414

Re: Another poor unsuspecting soul got caught!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 06:54:18 am »
Unfortunitly, I've just gone down the same path myself recently...... :-[

firko

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 07:06:47 am »
I thought everyone would know by now ::).

All Things 414

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 07:18:40 am »
I was bedazzled with shiny objects and promises of unknown pleasures........ ???

shoey

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 08:43:56 am »
Me too

I purchased a set of what was supposed to be X Large . MX gloves and got trimmed on the postage.(I thought oh well the gloves will be worth it)

THEN , it turns out one is Medium and one is X large.

Then the bonehead trys to tell me i should have asked.   :o WTF

"Wouldnt you expect the gloves to be a pair of the same size".

I ask the dude if he's a gimp and had them specially made for his two different size hands , does he work for a carnival as the the amazing man with two different size hands etc.
He says no , are you kidding with some rather rude comments.
I kept badgering the gimp and he refunded my money , i kept the gloves as a souvenier , and i didnt even have to involve the E Bay people .

i would rather have received a good set of matching gloves , but it turned to be rather funny in the end.

firko

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 10:25:09 am »
I ask the dude if he's a gimp and had them specially made for his two different size hands , does he work for a carnival as the the amazing man with two different size hands etc.
He says no , are you kidding with some rather rude comments.
That's a hoot! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Remind me of the odd pair of boots (size 9 and size 11 from memory) that were recently on eBay...there must me some odd gimps out there as they had a lot of bidding action and went for $117! ;D

With the original item TeeBone posted, what kind of fool would pay $104.50 + $20 for shipping for plastic oval number plates anyway? You can get 'em all over the place for $10-20 tops. Some people just don't shop around and deserve what they get.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 10:30:27 am by firko »

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 05:54:47 pm »
With the original item TeeBone posted, what kind of fool would pay $104.50 + $20 for shipping for plastic oval number plates anyway? You can get 'em all over the place for $10-20 tops. Some people just don't shop around and deserve what they get.

Firko, it wouldn't be the 1st time that a "simple" item has been inflated in price and a Credit Card billed for more than should be necessary. The old "ring up, order an item that is PROMISED to be exactly what you want" and it all turns to poo ...

I do think that this is a fine piece of retribution and should serve as an EXTRA caution to the new or unwary!
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!
A "never was" of the Nineties...

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 09:40:36 pm »
I DID TO, BOUGHT A HUSKY ENDED UP BEING A YAMAHA FRONT WHEEL.

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 09:45:06 pm »
Ive bourght four different piston kits from USA at different times, one was correct! one was swapped for another incorrect one and the other two are sitting in the piston box in my garage!
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 10:44:57 am »
HERE is a beauty, doen't work and only $28US shipping :o

Now I always use paypal open the box if it ain't what I bought I contact the seller saying that it isn't what I bought. Can do this easy way or the hard way. Then make the claim straight away.
Jesus only loves two strokes

firko

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 12:20:09 pm »
I bought a Maico 4 speed radial transmission from a reputable eBay seller to keep as a spare in case I manage to break a gearbox (even though that's almost unheard of in a Maico). When it arrived I had a very quick look at it and put it away in the cupboard. A year or so down the line I did a deal with another forum member and sent him the gears, once again not really taking any notice. I didn't hear back from the forum guy as to whether he got the trans or not so I sent him a PM to ask if all was OK.

It turns out that the trans had arrived but instead of being the close ratio MC400 4 speed I'd bid on, the trans was actually a wide ratio enduro 5 speed and totally unusable for his project, and mine for that matter. I can't believe how stupid I was not to have noticed the discrepancy as soon as it arrived. It's only a matter of being able to count up to five :-[.

Being over a year after the original purchase it was too late to go through the eBay channels and an email to the seller (who I've since bought stuff from with no problems) went unanswered. The lesson learned here is to thoroughly check everything you buy as soon as it arrives. You never know what the pricks are going to pull on you.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 01:17:46 pm »
HERE is a beauty, doen't work and only $28US shipping :o

Whats with the word "TYPE"   :(  :-\
Is this how the seller/s gets away with the shoddy sale's through ebay rules,? All in the wording  ::)

SEIKO G757-401B James Bond TYPE 80's Golden Eyes rare
Best is in the West !!