Author Topic: Bike trailers  (Read 1237 times)

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
Bike trailers
« on: July 12, 2010, 09:45:23 am »
My business is building trailers, from heavy box trailers up to 8x2.4 metre 4.5T drill rig trailers.What I would like to build is a camper/bike trailer.
  Something that that will carry two bikes, all the gear that you need and with some sort of fold out tent ( camper trailer style )with awnings and sides.Now as this will be a commercial model and not just for myself, how about some input on what your preferences would be ??
  My initial thought was a unit 7 foot wide ( bikes sideways ), with a 3/4 quarter or double bed mattress sized camper, with front and rear access storage underneath, either on the front of the trailer with the awnings going back over where the bikes would be, or on the rear of the unit (bikes on the front ) with the awning out the back like a normal camper and an awning going forward as well.
  Any ideas ??

Roger

Offline Toolboy

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Bike trailers
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 05:52:35 pm »
Gday Roger,

Like you say put the bikes sideways door open drivers side, sleep above and fold out tent to passengers side, front storage for the gear/fuel the same as bike trailer.
Cooker and accessories on rear door??

???

Tim
82 RM250Z
79 RM400N
76 RM370A
74 TM400L
05 M50 Boulevard
1986 RM80G
1974 RV125
1994 DS80
2005 JR50

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 06:08:19 pm »
Doors have to be on the left for safety's sake....you wouldnt want to be opening the door on the side of the road with traffic going past doing 100kph, same reason you put fuel on the left....dont want to be side -swiped on the R/H side. Go to some campervan shows as you will pick up a hundred different ideas. If you can make it modular so if somebody needs to carry 3,4,5,6 bikes you can alter to suit. The yanks make some awesome trailers. Keep us posted....very good idea. p.s.... I'm sure you already knew doors have to be to the left. ;)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline sverige

• C-Grade
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 09:06:54 pm »
Yes, most of us have more than two bikes that we could take to any one ride. i'd like room for six or eight bikes in sideways underneath and sleeping up top. There is a trailer maker on the north side of Brisbane that makes this type of rig and they seem to be quite popular.