Author Topic: CD 7 Legend Rider No 32 on Maico  (Read 6946 times)

Offline PEZBerq

• Legend
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
CD 7 Legend Rider No 32 on Maico
« on: July 11, 2010, 06:47:21 pm »
Excuse my ignorance but who was riding the No 32 Maico in Legends laps on Sunday ??? ??? I'm putting tags on my photos before I forget.....shit I forgot already :o :o Curse you old age....or is it red wine ::) ::)
Husqvarnas: 78 390AMX, 82 430XC, 84 240WR, 84 500AE, 84 510TE, 87 510TE

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
Re: CD 7 Legend Rider No 32 on Maico
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 06:51:44 pm »
Andrew Bailey
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline PEZBerq

• Legend
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 07:13:32 pm »
Cheers for that. No relation to the Beetle? ;D ;D
Husqvarnas: 78 390AMX, 82 430XC, 84 240WR, 84 500AE, 84 510TE, 87 510TE

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 07:16:01 pm »
Who the f--k is Andrew Bailey. :D
No!
But there's another another that will have to be tracked down for next year. He is a legend!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 07:21:11 pm »
There are plenty of 70's and 80's legends that should be tracked down and invited to be at Classic Dirt, it's getting stale with the same small group year after year.

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 07:50:55 pm »
One word "LANDMAN"
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 07:53:56 pm »
Unlike the other "32" legend  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Ngw6cT4wA
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

All Things 414

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 07:55:43 pm »
The camera couldn't keep up...... :P

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 08:08:15 pm »
given he used to ride for Suzuki,
where is he?
he'd be an asset to CD.
i saw him wheelie an RM250 around raymond terrace in the lunch break of a MR motocross.
cool.
and i saw him going bar to bar with Andrew Bailey at Tuckerimba {via Lismore} on a Husky back in the late 70's with a flat tire.
way cool.......
"flat bickie"

Offline PERM250

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 08:25:13 pm »
what about noel harker in my eyes he is a suzuki legend and a great bloke  to boot.  and a great poet.any way that my say .

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 08:33:56 pm »
Filled in the feedback form to Suzuki Aust (Laverton Vic) on the CD7 event and test ride on the RM450,,,put all good and some written comments.
Great to be part of the feedback survey.
We have got to look after Suzuki and any other sponsors of such an event.
Anytime you go to a Suzuki shop say thanks for Classic Dirt--if they don't know what your talking about,spend that extra time and tell em to check on their Suzuki website.............ham it up guys..
Lets get CD8 happening and show support of this event.  ;D   :P
cheers Alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 08:52:31 pm »
Vandy i was there also when Beetle wheelied around Raymond Terrace.. too cool.! He definitely should be included.
I'd have to agree also with Noel Harker.. He was a gun racer in the 70's and still goes hard now in his 50's... both on and off the track!
I think some more effort needs to be put into getting these legends of our sport out to Classic Dirt events.
Bahnsy... Landman for sure, along with Gary and Trevor Flood, Steve Cramer, Trevor Williams, Ray Vandenberg, Pelle Granquist and several other stars of the era.. and what about Jeff Leisk!

TT

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 09:50:53 pm »
Filled in the feedback form to Suzuki Aust (Laverton Vic) on the CD7 event and test ride on the RM450,,,put all good and some written comments.
Great to be part of the feedback survey.
We have got to look after Suzuki and any other sponsors of such an event.
Anytime you go to a Suzuki shop say thanks for Classic Dirt--if they don't know what your talking about,spend that extra time and tell em to check on their Suzuki website.............ham it up guys..
Lets get CD8 happening and show support of this event.  ;D   :P
cheers Alison

Good advice, Al!  ;D
Suzuki are really supporting the industry and they deserve our support. When I did a fundraiser a couple of years ago, they gave us 2 V-Stroms to ride and a LT-Z50 to raffle off! But more impressive was the manner in which they gave that support. e.g. Perry Morison pulled me aside and made it clear that if there was any point where I had to make a choice between promoting Suzuki and raising money for the kids, that I was to get the support for the kids first. Don't tell him I said so, but he's a good man.  ;D

firko

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 10:45:09 pm »
We had planned to bring the great Per Klitland with us to CD7 but he has a very sick wife and couldn't come in the end. He rode at  Broadford CD4 and visited without riding at CD5 and loves the CD concept. Per sold more Maicos than any other person in the first half of the seventies through his absolute dominance on them. He would have won a lot more titles than he did but for silly crashes and some awful bad luck. His Grand National win at Christmas Hills in (I think) 1972 is legendary.

We also hoped to have 1971 Aussie 500 Champ (and works Alron rider) Brian Clarkson in the Kevlar Kompound as well but he ended up in hospital with some sort of bug and missed out but promised he'll come next year. Matt Daley, Australias best racer from the late sixties live just up the road from Conondale and had a ride on Husky Petes bike at CD6 and looked great. i'd love to see him back again. What about Graeme Smythe? Frank Stanborough would love to catch up with his old Kawasaki team rider. 
Of the later era racers I'd like to see Eddie Warren,  Dacka , Pelle Granquist, John Berhens, Peter Ploen again and what about Leisky? There's still heaps of old champs yet to taste the nostalgia of Classic Dirt. If you know one give him a shakeup.

Doggy Digger

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 11:11:14 pm »
Quite a notable number of old Pros hate the old bikes, and wouldn't be seen dead near a vintage event.   They move on; walk away; etc.

Which I think is bizarre.