Author Topic: Rockley Vinduro pics  (Read 6628 times)

Offline ghostrider

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Rockley Vinduro pics
« on: July 11, 2010, 06:23:20 pm »
Great W/End ,excellent organisation,enduro loop was top class,this is how events used to be :) :) :)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Rockley Vinduro pics
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 08:11:44 pm »
Awesome man  :P :P :P that looks like a blast, :o  ,nice day and country  :-*
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 08:24:11 pm »
Yep. The countryside and feel of the loop is quite similar to Benalla (for those that rode Benalla last year).

It was an absolute blast. Great bunch of blokes (and a couple of blokettes, but I don't think any of them rode), hassle-free organisation, a great course and all-round good vibes.

The mix of bikes was what you'd expect - a sea of Huskys, ITs, PEs and XRs, with just a smattering of other stuff.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline b490

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 08:39:33 pm »
A few of my pics

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 09:15:24 pm »
place looks good and dry, if only 3 bridges was the same this year. Too bad rockley is so far away i reckon a few more Vic boyz would attend. So when u say like Benalla Nathan, I assume that there are Rocks at Rockley?? I lost a footpeg last year due too the Volcanic mounds. Pics look gr8

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 09:32:20 pm »
Like Benalla before the bikes dug the rocks out of the ground! Similar soil, similar bush, similar type of course (mostly winding through the trees with paddock sections and short bits of fire road).
And cold too!  :D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:55:28 pm by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 09:58:37 pm »
heheheee not sure about bikes unearthing the rocks, bloody things were like those pnuematic bollards they use to keep traffic out of areas, they just seemed to appear heheheee.

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 09:00:36 am »
Nice pics, and sounds like a good time was had by all.

Tex

Offline Smithie

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 10:36:47 am »
place looks good and dry, if only 3 bridges was the same this year.

That was day 1  ::)

Day 2 was something else  :o

After 6 hours of rain we went out to do it again. Originaly day two was to be run in reverse, but one gnarly day one downhill would have been almost impossible to get up in the mud. So it was run in the same direction for day two. The Persian Princess was out and about with the camera. Her first attempt at serious photography.......

It didn't slow any of the riders down tho  :o

Shoey ..... While competing kept a watchful eye on the course.

Shoey, event organiser, and Darren, Land owner enjoy a drink at the safe conclusion of the event.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 10:52:57 am by Smithie »

Offline b490

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 05:16:38 pm »

Offline ozktm

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 08:07:15 pm »
Did anyone get any action shots of my little KTM/Penton 175??
Regards,
Adrian Goold #101

'72 KTM 175 |'74.5 KTM 250 |'74.5 KTM 400 |Hagon/KTM 250 proj|'76 MC5 250 Project |'76 MC5 400|'78 KTM 250 Project |'81 KTM 250 MC | '81 KTM 495 MC

Offline Smithie

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 09:59:59 am »
Did anyone get any action shots of my little KTM/Penton 175??

I've had a look through mine Adrian, unfortunately nothing which is a shame as the Persian Princess and I spent a fair bit of time going over your "Jackpiner" on Saturday night. I'm giving my wife a crash course in photography. I was so into it years ago that I used to have my own darkroom. Next time (maybe October) I'll get her into the bush with a light meter and the skills she needs to capcher the action. I think she's got the eye for it. It was nice meeting you Adrian I hope to see you and your wonderful KTM's again. I do so love the old KTM's, SWM's, Maico's and Husky's.......... ;D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:27:22 am by Smithie »

Offline Smithie

• Novice
    • View Profile
More photos from Sunday
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 10:18:41 am »
Some photos from the Persian Princess one of only two Bloketts at the vinduro........ She loved it :-*

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: More photos from Sunday
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 08:53:55 pm »
Thanks heaps for posting up the pics, Rory - and to your missus for taking them. :)

Remember, always grip the bike tightly with your knees - unless you're concious of scratching the crap out of a borrow bike's fuel tank, and you're three-quarters stuffed! :)

Offline Smithie

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2010, 08:34:51 am »
Nathan S from Yass...... We remember meeting you Saturday night in the tent...... Man what a good weekend........ I'm still buzzin from it. It would be nice if we could do 4 or 5 events like that in NSW a year.
Happy Days   ;D

It's good to get a name to match the photo. I was wondering who that was on the Husky Auto. Nice meeting you Nathan...... there's talk of this event being run again in October........ Hope to see you then  :)