Author Topic: wow, look at all these bikes to be squished!  (Read 3076 times)

muzzery

wow, look at all these bikes to be squished!
« on: July 07, 2010, 07:43:45 pm »
I found this article in a tiawanese paper.. i'm glad we don't have this problem in australia!
http://www.danwei.org/front_page_of_the_day/insert_image_hereinsert_captio_8.php

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: wow, look at all these bikes to be squished!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 07:47:00 pm »
most stuff they have though wouldn't be good but never good to see stuff go to waste.
1971 tm400 and PE's

suzuki43

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:09:18 pm »
I was in that city last week,with a 20 million population and traffic like you wouldnt believe!

mx250

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 10:15:31 pm »
China is still a police state dictatorship. IIRC those 14,000 bikes were confiscated with a change of policy. The policy was driven by bag snatches using bikes, so all bikes were banned using smog as the excuse.

The irony of course is the govt is being draconian towards the 'workers', the very basis of their political power. I was talking to an ex-pat aussie living in Honk Kong and he tells me it is an 'issue'.

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 08:31:18 am »
Have u riden or seen MOST Chinese bikes :P. Probly the best thing for them. But a dumb ass reason for doing it. Should just come out & say "we cant build a bike for shit so we need to thin them out a bit" ;D.

DR

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 09:41:08 am »
damn shame that, being Chinese doesn't mean they're all shit..just 99.999999999%..there's bound to be at least 1 good axle adjuster amongst that lot :D

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 10:26:40 am »
damn shame that, being Chinese doesn't mean they're all shit..just 99.999999999%..there's bound to be at least 1 good axle adjuster amongst that lot :D

Naaa they would be to soft & bend :D.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 07:18:05 pm »
What the axle adjusters or the people????
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

All Things 414

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 07:28:08 pm »
China is still a police state dictatorship. IIRC those 14,000 bikes were confiscated with a change of policy. The policy was driven by bag snatches using bikes, so all bikes were banned using smog as the excuse.

The irony of course is the govt is being draconian towards the 'workers', the very basis of their political power. I was talking to an ex-pat aussie living in Honk Kong and he tells me it is an 'issue'.

At least they don't have 'hoody' dickheads hanging around shopping centres all day. Off to the gulag with 'em I say.
As the king in the Wizard of Id said when told that the peasants were revolting.....
"I know". ;)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 07:30:44 pm »
They look like 4 strokes so that can only be a good thing
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 06:52:34 am »
Have u riden or seen MOST Chinese bikes :P. Probly the best thing for them. But a dumb ass reason for doing it. Should just come out & say "we cant build a bike for shit so we need to thin them out a bit" ;D.

Interestingly enough on this subject the engine in the BMW 450X is made in Taiwan by Kymco and has 3 year warranty. The Chinese have licenses for Honda, Yamaha etc and you would never tell the difference, what you get in OZ or NZ is the knock offs which are like Craig's copy Rolex, looks like but will probably corrode to your wrist.

The reason you don't see the good stuff is of course Honda do not want Chinese licensees supplying its markets.

formerly Marc.com

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 08:02:11 am »
also yamaha are the major owners in a chinese motorcycle company called jianshe and the pee wee 50 is made by that company and pretty much all the mechanicals in a pee wee 80 are made in the same place.but try and get yamahato tell you that when your spending big dollars on the same bikes you can buy at half the price elsewere.nothing wrong with chinese bikes if you do your research first.cheers gary

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 08:39:15 am »
I think most of the cheapo stuff imported is crap. But you may be surprised how much of your Japanese for example Honda, car or motorcycle is produced in China, Korea, Taiwan.

I had Yamaha BW100 when I lived in Taiwan that was made in Taiwan. My wife did over 40000 kms on it with no issue and it went like shit off a shovel.
formerly Marc.com

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 01:56:18 pm »
All the small Kawasaki's are made in Thailand.