Author Topic: HEAVEN Round 5 at Canberra  (Read 13338 times)

Rosco400

Re: HEAVEN Round 4 at Canberra
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 02:41:58 PM »
A few of us Newcastle boys will be making the trip, although the stiff competition is a bit scary ;D by the way, who was that unknown bloke who one the Ray Ryan memorial trophy at CRC, Dennis wasnt it Snowy, sure he'll remind a few of you when Saturday drinking session gets underway, might be the once and only braggin rights ever he gets :) :) :) :)

husky61

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 03:09:16 PM »
The Newcastle chaps are coming , now we just need some fast riders to make a day of it. :o :o :o :o

Rosco400

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 08:52:47 PM »
Thats what I was thinking, we would make the trip knowing the Canberra boys have been riding so fast they might just drag a few of us along in there slip stream :D, :-* Getting nervous already just thinkin about it ::) Seriously though, looking forward to another top weekend in Canberra, track sounds like it will be a bit quicker, not as many stutters, bit more VMX friendly, cant wait to ride no matter where we finish, some of the best and fun races have been at the other end of the field ;)

oz555ktm

Re: HEAVEN Round 5 at Canberra
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 09:15:16 AM »
Good One Nole  More Fun .

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007, 10:00:22 PM »
Okay what happens if I turn up on saturday morning with my Yamaha DT1 250 I'm not a member of Heaven my 16year old son and I would like to ride /race over the weekend nethier of us have a race license is this possible or am I to late.
Just a balless freak having a go

husky61

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2007, 08:22:16 AM »
Jimson

Ring the Heaven Club secretary 9614 7553 or email heavenmotorcycleclub@optusnet.com.au

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007, 06:53:15 PM »
Hi Jimson,
yep get on to heaven, sooner the better
should not be to much of an issue for you,
Is tom a junior? if so could be an issue as I think that it is no longer possible to issue day licenses
to Juniors ,
may be possible for rec riding on Saturday.
Cheers
Noel

oz555ktm

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2007, 07:35:31 PM »
5 more Sleeps to go .

Put in the by passin that will make you miss the stutters  on sunday and started get the track up
VMX standard .

I heard that the Canteen will be Open . Sat and Sun .

Will have sum Fire wood all ready to go .

Yes Fernando will have a few bottles of Racing fuel for any Riders or new members to drink. ( 45% Ron )

So Get Ready Go on .

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2007, 07:51:14 PM »
And the forecast is spot-on - cool nights and warm days (20 or so max). Should be just right, eh? Hanging out for this one, my first vintage MX for 2007! In fact, only my 6th ride for the year, and that includes practice days. Should be a blast. See ya all on the starting line.

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2007, 10:56:15 PM »
How much is it to camp at the track and do you have to book a site for the tent and can you have a camp fire and is there showers.I can't wait I've got parole for the weekend from the wife and I get to play with my dirt bike.

oz555ktm

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2007, 11:26:58 PM »
Jimson

Camping                                          Cost $0
Hot shower                                     Cost  $0
Fire wood Cut ready for you               Cost  $0
Bench racing                                   Cost $0
Sore Head in the moring                     Cost $0

So Jimson its going to cost  $0

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2007, 10:36:39 PM »
Thanks oz555ktm I think I can afford that.

oz555ktm

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2007, 08:52:24 PM »
Just home from the track.
Its  Looking good and Fast  and smooth
Just will need a hand in the moring to put a little water on to
keep the dust down .

I will be out at the track around 7.30am

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 07:42:12 PM »
What a great day! My yesterday was spent in the rally car, and it was a cracker. Even though things didn't work out race-wise, today made it one of my best weekends ever. Big thanks to everyone who made it happen!

Random points:

The track was about the best I've ever seen it. Got a bit dusty in the afternoon, but still good.

Fernando's son is going to embarass a lot of us when he becomes a senior.

Damien Crane embarasses a lot of us already.

My DT125 with the 175 top end and YZ carby is awesome. The air cleaner fell off in practice (thanks to Bill C for pointing this out to me). I didn't think it had swallowed much dirt, but in the first race it ran like a bucket of pooh. I pulled the plug out to discover that something had been floating around in there and had closed up the plug gap to 0.000001mm. Closer inspection revealed that there was also something (a rock?) jammed down in the plug too. Dennis loaned me a new plug (thanks Dennis) and it ran fine again (albeit low on compression). :)

Tom. It seems that the planets were finally algined and jimson and his son Tom made it to a HEAVEN round. Tom busted both shocks on the DT1 on Saturday but they both had big grins that evening. Tom's first ever race started well, but ended badly about 5 seconds later... After getting a respectable start, he clipped the back of our webmaster's RM and went down before the first corner. What should have been a 'nothing' fall got pretty ugly when the DT1 landed on him. As he said later, "Hitting the ground was fine - then the bike landed on me!"... He ended up more than just a little bit sore, but with no permenant damage.  :-\ They're hoping to be back for Buladelah. :)

Graeme on the freshly finished RM was on fire. Even had the audacity to overtake Noel at one stage! :)

Thanks to Garry for offering me a ride on the DT1 after Tom put himself out of action. I even managed my first ever class win in the second pre-70 race. The naysayers might (should!) point out that there were only two of us in the class, but right now, my glass is half-full, thank you very much!  :D Despite the bent bars (hi Tom), it's a really nice bike to ride - beautiful engine. Give Tom a bit more race experience, and I can see him giving Neville a very hard time on it. :)

My second race on the DT175 was going great. The best I've ever ridden, I reckon. Then 3/4 of the way through the last lap, it just stopped dead. ARGH! I later discovered that one of the ignition wires had come adrift, but only after I'd DNF'd. Dammit, I could still see Snowy on his Husky out there in front if me when I stopped (not that I was going to catch him, but he's usually out of sight halfway through the first lap...).

Yes, I'm sitting here with a beer in my hand, and a big grin on my dial. Recently, my enthusiasm for this sport has taken a bit of a battering at the hands of bitching and political infighting, but it's back now.
:)

Edit: Thanks also to Uncle Lozza from The 2-stroke Institute who pointed me in the right direction WRT tuning the 175's carby, over the phone. It wasn't fully sorted due to the very limited amount of fiddling I did and the even more limited testing opportunities, but it was a lot better than it had been. :)

« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 10:03:11 PM by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2007, 08:29:37 PM »
Yep, I second that. What a great weekend. All the riding time you could want Saturday (the track was even better then, Nathan), and some fine racing Sunday. I had a ball on the RM125, tho sadly I think it broke a piston in the last race of the day. That'll teach me to use the old barrel on a new bottom end... I tried hard but could not quite match Noel. What really pisses me off about that is that I was riding as hard as I could, out of shape everywhere, revving the ring off the RM, and Noel is sitting there like he's off to church. Sigh... more practice needed.

Sadly I could not fire the big Husky at all, so no Evo rides. I think some investigation is warranted, it's been a pretty good starter in the past.

Everyone seemed to be going fine and having a ball and even though the fields were small the great racing made up for that.

I think Nathan may be right, in discussion later in the day I found out that Tom had clipped someone in the first race, and I recall someone hitting my rear wheel. I know in that particular start I tried a mid track line while everyone else went wide or tight, and I suspect that line was what you'd call effing bad. So, if it was me that caused that one Tom, my abject apologies. That really sucks, down and out in your first race. The only consolation I can offer is that my last 4 race meetings have involved me face-planting at least once, after years of largely trouble free racing.

So, a bottler of a weekend (mostly). Bring on the Evo Challenge and Clarence.

OH yeah, and huge thanks to everyone who put this one together, from Dennis and his never-ending trackwork to the HEAVEN team, great stuff guys and gals.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 09:09:10 PM by Graeme M »