Author Topic: Julia says....."Noice!"  (Read 4838 times)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Julia says....."Noice!"
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 07:35:35 am »
Yea...agree...noice, like the side panels and front plate....will be interesting to see how much it gets up to?.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

TT

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 08:05:14 am »
Another one that is not even in the country yet, only due mid September and payment is due within 3 days of auction end...................  :-\
I personally wouldn't do it.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 08:11:53 am »
Yea...agree...noice, like the side panels and front plate...

$20.00 of translucent polyethelene sheet and you can have your own. It is very soft plastic that cuts easily with a stanley knife. Made my own back in the day and it is really easy.
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline retrowrex

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 08:35:30 am »
I am with you Tony, I would not do it either. I would like to be able to hold the "My precious" a bit sooner than that.  And if I was able to convince the good wife that I needed to spend Xthousands of dollars of an old, but nice dirt bike, the consent would instantly dissolve after the mention of Ebay, pay now and get in the middle of September. But it is one step closer than importing one yourself from scratch and you would have this one sooner.

In the 90s a friend shelled out a hefty deposit for a new Husky with a very long delivery date.  Ended up with cold feet and bought an XR600 instead. 

retro
Apparently you can only ride one bike at a time, and hence you should only have one bike.  :(

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 08:37:53 am »
are they getting sold before they get here.. ???..are they getting snapped up  ???
over on the  you know what I really really hate thread I mentioned the market of vmx and how its pricing has changed.
This has change alot in the last 5 years.You could find 4 or 5 TM on ebay (for example) now your lucky to find 4 or 5 a fortnight.I think we are 2/4 of the way through a revolution of vmx hype.
We had this cultural time when,tattoos,ear bolts,new bike and ute's were in.
I believe vmx is now getting  hit.
Whats your thought's ?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 08:46:13 am by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 09:18:52 am »
Like the rest that have been advertised, I doubt it will make it's reserve. The bikes that have been listed are nice for sure, but if you take into account the condition, the estimated purchase price in US dollars, and the freight, the reserves must be at least $5K on any and all of them, and some way higher when you look at the Maico which was at $6900 reserve not met. I've seen some of them on US ebay before our own ebay. The guys are doing the right thing picking beautiful, race ready bikes, but lets face it, they are not doing it "out of the goodness of their heart" and are in it for a monetary gain, just like most or at least some of us. Maybe you could build the bikes for the reserves, or close to but it's a lot of time, money and effort after you've found a bike to start with, but I don't think the current market climate can accomodate the bulk of these bikes. I reckon they're putting their gnads on the chopping block, and hats off to them for having a go. I hope they get their prices and good luck to them if they do. By the way, I have no idea who they are.
Cheers,
K

mx250

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 09:20:10 am »
Talking about that 'you know what I really really hate thread' this is one of those start at a stupidly low Start Price with a ridiculously high Reserve Price auctions.

I'll bet the seller's reserve is $5000+ ;).

Why wouldn't you? The seller can 'auction' it 2 or 3 times between now and landing and try for the max price - well he is doing it as a business isn't he? It a good business ploy. No storage, max turn over, minimum interest on tied up capital.

I'm curious how the seller is getting onto his stock - they look quality stock -good cond or good resto's. He would have to pick them up for around $2000US to sell them at $4000A to make it all worthwhile. Must have a spotter/buyer in the US. I doubt if he could buy off the internet 'sight unseen'. And I doubt if he could fly to the US for a buying spree and return - too much $$$$'s. Might work as a 'paying hobby' or an adjunct to other activity.

But all the 'power to him' - Enterprising 8). But I'm surprised how much activity there is in this area of VMX - will the Golden Goose be killed by saturation.

mx250

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 09:25:10 am »
Just noticed his 'other items' has this one ending in 10 minutes.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/YAMAHA-YZ250-1982-VINTAGE-MOTOCROSS-/160449456028?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=item255b88679c

It will be interesting to watch 8).

mx250

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 09:54:35 am »
Just noticed his 'other items' has this one ending in 10 minutes.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/YAMAHA-YZ250-1982-VINTAGE-MOTOCROSS-/160449456028?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=item255b88679c

It will be interesting to watch 8).
That one just got passed in at $2550. The seller will be disappointed :-\.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 01:51:09 pm »
Yea...agree...noice, like the side panels and front plate...

$20.00 of translucent polyethelene sheet and you can have your own. It is very soft plastic that cuts easily with a stanley knife. Made my own back in the day and it is really easy.

the guy thats making them plates in the states says he cuts them from marine grade ( someting about the UV not affecting them, by colour or by hardning cracks? perspex 5mm rings a bell , but he did put all the details up somwhere and he just shapes them and sells them now to those to lasy to do there own :p
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

hodaka

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 02:31:59 pm »
Guys , l know the guys selling these . sure some are not sold , but 8 definately have been . most of them at around or under 4 grand and a couple in the mid 4000's .
He also told me the reserve on the RM is no where near 5 g's !! :)

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 03:51:55 pm »
the rm 125,shouldnt it have rm125 on the seat? his idea is good .you have to outlay a shitload of money to fill a container,then deal with dotars,customs,aqis etc.as far as devaluing them i dont think so.look at all the harleys that have come into the country still holding there value.as firko says they are still out there ,you have to be lucky,and fight with the rest of us to get it! you just got to get used to the fact vmx bikes arnt a cheap thing anymore -which is a good thing you all know what it costs to build one so you dont want them to have cheap resale.to put it in perspective yes a 490 maico is 8000 plus dollars and going up a new yzf is what 10000,see what you can get for it in 2 years.so you should be hoping they go up better /more interesting investment than a coin collection even if the bike is rare you can still sit on it and make ninnnng ninnnnng noises ;D

Offline MX?

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Classic Bike Forum
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 06:53:41 pm »
more interesting investment than a coin collection
Bloody coins....better bet with a bike! Another pastime where you really need to know your stuff. My LAST set was the 2001 Don Bradman Trio set. Only 5000 made, popular guy (I thought) 400 odd bucks....
Buy 'em on Ebay now for 300.  :'(

All Things 414

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 07:09:49 pm »
you just got to get used to the fact vmx bikes arnt a cheap thing anymore -which is a good thing you all know what it costs to build one so you dont want them to have cheap resale.to put it in perspective yes a 490 maico is 8000 plus dollars and going up a new yzf is what 10000,see what you can get for it in 2 years.so you should be hoping they go up

Too true. You know what I hate (well there's lots of things but...). People that'll rag you for wanting 5G for a bike that been properly built from the ground up to race or ride. They'll scratch the ground making little circles with their foot and mumble something like "My mate bought one just like this in Sydney for half the price you're asking etc,etc". Good. Fark off and see if you can find another as good.

The people that still think that if a new part was $70.00 in 1979 then it should still be $70.00! Pull ya head in.

Or the poor sad sacks that bleat on about how we're all pushing the prices up above what the poor, hard working punter can afford these days. Dribble. Not everyone has to own ten bikes. You can still have one (1) really good Vintage mount for under half the price of a new bike and as Sholeline pointed out, it'll keep going up in price as the newwie starts spiraling down.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 07:23:23 pm by All Things 414 »