Author Topic: Australian indoor motocross  (Read 1412 times)

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Australian indoor motocross
« on: June 29, 2010, 12:26:28 pm »
Dont know if this is legit, but someone is doing a bit of a feasibility study on building a purpose built indoor MX track (not SX). Hopefully it is genuine and does come to fruition, but can't see how it could be a financially viable operation if located near any major city.
http://www.aim-x.com.au/

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Australian indoor motocross
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 03:46:58 pm »
I was a sticker/brochure junkie at CD7 and have that one  ;D ......
Money and support.Good luck to em, I say  :P
Best is in the West !!

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Australian indoor motocross
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 08:43:55 pm »
During my last trip to California, I visited the site of one of these facilities. It was loosely based on an outdoor version from somewhere in the mid-west (I have the web site link somewhere) and was a facility where you can store your bike etc and was a one stop shop with a workshop, store, etc. Speaking to some of the people that were there they were sceptical as to whether it could succeed. (even in California) To make it viable with a sustainable cash flow it must be modelled on a gym where you pay a yearly membership fee with an additional pay to ride fee structure.
I also know the hurdles that they will have to overcome regarding the allowable emissions within the building. A neighbour of mine used to be a partner in an indoor go cart track and exhaust emissions was the final nail in the coffin for that business.

Perhaps this is where the ZERO will come into its own.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn