Author Topic: Calder International  (Read 3882 times)

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
Calder International
« on: June 27, 2010, 10:51:58 am »
I am looking or either photos or program/promo poster to tmake a copy off, from the International at Calder in the 70s when DeCoster, Robert, Bauer and co came to Australiafor the 3 race meet series.. Have some tickets and autographs and would like to make a framed sports hanging if possible.
Rosco 86 

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Calder International
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 11:08:41 am »
v

Got some in the old mags here,I'll dig em out .you may be able to use some,

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 11:15:52 am »
Thanks KB anything appreciated.
Rosco86

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 11:33:17 am »
I am looking or either photos or program/promo poster to tmake a copy off, from the International at Calder in the 70s when DeCoster, Robert, Bauer and co came to Australiafor the 3 race meet series.. Have some tickets and autographs and would like to make a framed sports hanging if possible.
Rosco 86 

Hi Rosco, I don't have a program but an old mate of mine has pristine one. I will ask him can I borrow it and scan for you. It may take a few days though.

Regards Stan.

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 11:42:10 am »

The man,

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 12:37:43 pm »
v

nipplesX2

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 05:09:59 pm »
hi rosco I am sure I have two wheels mag with the write up on calder,  My Mate B C  was riding theat day and was amazed by the talent...if you need let me know...Chippy

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 06:33:35 pm »
l was there that day 1972, it was the best day, had the program up until 5 years ago.

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 08:33:46 pm »
Hey Stan
Would luv a scan of the old program, no worries about time, just when you have some to spare. Hope the weather is treating you not too bad. Putting the missus on the plane to Warragul tomorrow for a week as she is on holidays from the old school teaching. Me I;m working on the amc gearbox for the godden slider in the 22c. I'll live with that. Cartchya
Rosco.

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 08:54:35 pm »
Hey Stan
Would luv a scan of the old program, no worries about time, just when you have some to spare. Hope the weather is treating you not too bad. Putting the missus on the plane to Warragul tomorrow for a week as she is on holidays from the old school teaching. Me I;m working on the amc gearbox for the godden slider in the 22c. I'll live with that. Cartchya
Rosco.

Gday Rosco, yeah I will see my old mate as soon as I can and ask to borrow it. Better tell the missus to pack plenty of warm clothes. It seems to be getting back to our old weather patterns at the moment. Half your luck getting out in the shed in warm conditions.

Regards Stan.

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 09:21:06 am »
I was there as well. I must have been about 12 I reckon. I remember DeCoster dropping a mono with a promotional girl on the back. I also remember him sitting on his bike at idle talking to Willi Bauer and then putting it into first (no clutch) to turn it off on purpose. Cool! I also remember Grant Cramer and a brat pack tearing round on their hot SL 70's. Remember Steve Cramer on his Stilleto as well. Had a program but through it away later in life for some reason (wish I had it now!) Cheers Jerry

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 12:02:49 am »
Rosco, I have a copy.  I can scan whole program or just the Calder section (or just the page with my name on it  ;D).  Its even got De Coster, Robert and Bauer signatures in it (they were the only ones to lap me  :D)

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 08:04:09 am »
Pirie any chance I can get a copy? Jerry

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 08:26:18 am »
Gary Adams was the only Australian that put in a good effort that day, he rode well and fast on the AJS Stormer.

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2010, 09:29:33 am »
Rosco+Jerry,

pm me with e-mail address and I will scan and forward copy.