Author Topic: Viper Round 4 Ravenswood  (Read 9947 times)

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
Re: Viper Round 4 Ravenswood
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 04:49:10 PM »
Looks like Mr Maico missed a good day. Said it will take him a longtime to get back into training with all the beer he is drinking over here  ;D ;D

We too hope Ray is ok, please keep us updated.

Mrs Maico #54

All Things 414

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 04:54:14 PM »
I'm struggling to work out which part of your anatomy that is KB. Are you human? ???

I met Chris whilst I was at Ravo (Spanish Amada). Man! Has he got some nice Monties. Now I know where all those ones from around that area have been going to...... :o
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 05:25:56 PM by All Things 414 »

Offline torm92

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 08:16:56 PM »
I enjoyed the track, the 490 ran well, loved the straight. Great weather and well run by Bendigo club.
Restoring YZ 50,60, 80, 100 and 125. Racing a 490 and a 250. Have a complete collection of J,s.

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 08:30:48 PM »
I'm struggling to work out which part of your anatomy that is KB. Are you human? ???

That'll be an inner right thigh Ross about 90mm down from the right gonad, on a warm day,
To bloody close to have a 400 x 18 knobby chomping at ya  :-\
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:20:19 PM by KB171 »

puppet96

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 09:07:35 PM »
By the sounds of things every body had a good day ( except for Ray )
SO why all the bitching and crap that that SOME of you guys go on with,;; it's to muddy; the jumps are too big,
the jumps are too soft,,, the jumps were bigger in 1980 than they are now at Ravo, there are no footpeg deep ruts,the track drains so there is no huge sheets of water to contend with,there wasn't a bump on the whole track, from club level, some of you guys make it really hard to enjoy running a meeting for you's.
Moto-x is a tuff sport, so harden up or shut up.. As far as those stutter / rythem bit, rain stopped them being finished off,  i am sorry about that, BUT it was the same for every body, they were slow, but safe.
the step up was great, good guys jumped up the hill and those of us that didn't have the balls rolled through it.  no problem, ( still not as big a jump as the tripples were, at the early 80's Ravo Cups )
All shit aside it was a really good day.
Thanks Puppet

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 09:15:44 PM »
who pulled your strings ?  :D
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 09:32:18 PM »

"Why all the bitching and crap that that SOME of you guys go on with"
"Moto-x is a tuff sport, so harden up or shut up"
"Good guys jumped up the hill and those of us that didn't have the balls rolled through it"

Thanks Puppet

So the people that questioned the track at breifing, that diddn't jump the step up are, Whinging, Soft Riders with No Balls.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline FDR

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 09:56:57 PM »
Ease up Puppet most riders are middle aged and hoping for perfect conditions, fact of life we whinge a little as we age. The group i pit with just simply got on with it and enjoyed the race meeting, we talked about the step up and wondered if anyone would have a crack.
Ravenswood is a mix of fast flowing sections then some slower technical stuff that i also enjoy.
The four whoops i hated as that section is normally a good part of the track.
Like any motocroos track full of challenges riders should ride to their ability.
FDR

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 11:40:34 PM »

"Why all the bitching and crap that that SOME of you guys go on with"
"Moto-x is a tuff sport, so harden up or shut up"
"Good guys jumped up the hill and those of us that didn't have the balls rolled through it"

Thanks Puppet

So the people that questioned the track at breifing, that diddn't jump the step up are, Whinging, Soft Riders with No Balls.

Anyone who is 40 or 50 something and still racing motocross(and have to go to work on Monday) has definitely still got balls

All Things 414

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 05:56:05 AM »
I thought the guys who were having a bitch about it at riders brief were on moderns. ???

Big call saying we've got no balls jumping your step-up. I guess if we practiced there all the time like your guy does then a few more of us would be jumping it too.
For the record I enjoyed the track. Yeah that bit over the back was weird and caused a few moments but everybody had to ride over it. :D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:42:39 AM by All Things 414 »

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 08:55:28 AM »
Everybody should just calm down and remember the good point's about their day out at the races. Most tracks have at least one or two obstacles that someone hates. Blue Rock had a "rythym section" I couldn't get and hated, Wonthaggi had a set of mushy woops which I hated, although the rythym section there treated me OK (better than Rosco), and the step up at Monza is about twice the gap as the one at Ravo. I'm sure Granite Park will have something someone doesn't like. Yanakie is the only track I've been to in recent times which doesn't have a rythym/technical section and for me is the best track in the series at this point in time.  Yep, in my opinion the "rythym section" down the back at Ravo is a total fu&k up, and has destroyed one of the best parts of the track, but I'm sure there are others who actually like it, just not us fat old bald pricks. But how about the 100mph straight & sweeping first turn, ski jump up the hill, the drop off down the hill, the next ski jump up the hill into the corner, followed by another down hill ski jump, the new table top where the track used to chop out and the new mods to the straight coming back to the finish line? These parts for me are pure old shool MX, twist the throttle, click gears and scream woohoo as you go past one of your mates! Even the start was OK and looked at lot worse than it was, that moist granite sand was deep yes, but very tacky, almost perfect. My highlight for the day was the race where I was last off the line by a mile, but was first at the top of the hill. Head down, hammer the throttle, ride the high line 2 inches from the tyre wall, fly pass everyone like they're going backwards, hell yeah! More good points than bad at Ravenswood.
Cheers,
K
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:16:29 AM by bigk »

Offline redrider1

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2010, 09:07:50 AM »
There will only be a few of times in your riding years that you will find the 'perfect' track. Be it motocross, enduro, desert or long distance, you will know when you find it.
It is the memories of these good tracks in comparison to the not so good tracks that make them stand out.
Use the bad sections of a track to practice the things you dont like and then just enjoy the rest.

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010, 10:39:24 AM »
come on you lot all tracks have bad spots .we should be greatfull that these clubs host our events.not bag them. ;D
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

vmx155

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2010, 12:04:43 PM »
What a great day i seen some top racing and great bikes make you feel lucky that this era of the sport is still alive and kicking well for now anyway by the sounds of some on this tread they are not happy with the conditions as i seen they were fine maybe we need to look at what they used to ride on back in the day big jumps faster tracks crazy stuff well the track was awsome for the weather conditions that were dished out in the last 2 weeks as for the jumps they looked safe and fun there was a guy doing the step up on a evo bike that was cool any way great to see and well done by the club and viper you really gotta thank the guys who take the time to get this kind of event going rather that bitch and discorage clubs from running vintage events as it is a sport that needs all the help it can get thanks to all the people that give up there time to make this happen cannt wait for the next 1

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2010, 12:22:02 PM »
What a great day i seen some top racing and great bikes make you feel lucky that this era of the sport is still alive and kicking well for now anyway by the sounds of some on this tread they are not happy with the conditions as i seen they were fine maybe we need to look at what they used to ride on back in the day big jumps faster tracks crazy stuff well the track was awsome for the weather conditions that were dished out in the last 2 weeks as for the jumps they looked safe and fun there was a guy doing the step up on a evo bike that was cool any way great to see and well done by the club and viper you really gotta thank the guys who take the time to get this kind of event going rather that bitch and discorage clubs from running vintage events as it is a sport that needs all the help it can get thanks to all the people that give up there time to make this happen cannt wait for the next 1

Any chance of some punctuation mate?  That's bloody hard to read.   ;D  You sound very enthused about your day at Ravenswood.  Did you happen to ride at this event, or did you go as a spectator?

From all accounts, it looks like a good day was had by most.  Ravo is always a good track to ride at, and I've always been impressed with the track prep.  Anyone got any pics of the racing, and in particular, this step up everyone's talking about?  Sounds like it was a challenge.  Wish I could have ridden there, unfortunately the missus smashed my tow vehicle a couple of weeks ago   >:(