Author Topic: Aussie MXGP  (Read 16415 times)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Aussie MXGP
« on: June 25, 2010, 10:19:43 PM »
Australia gets the first MXGP  may nextyear -to be held at Broadford!
http://moto.mpora.com/news/2011-provisional-gp-dates.html

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie MXGP
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 10:31:18 PM »
Yeah that's good news... it's been a while!

mx250

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 10:52:10 PM »
Is there a VMX class? ;D

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 11:05:21 PM »

sorry but Im not jumping for joy.I wondered and asked the question about the venue before it was confirmed.
I can't believe that its at Broadford.After seeing a few US outdoor nationals and plenty of GP's in Europe Broadford to me is a joke and an embarrasment. I would have traveled interstate to see a GP at Coolum or Manjimump or anywhere but that shithole.

firko

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 11:17:03 PM »
I attended the previous two GPs a decade ago and loved them but we've come a long way since then. In 2011 Broadford just isn't good enough any more. Barrabool would be fantastic but sadly, it ain't going to happen.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 01:36:12 AM »
After the way the 2010 vmx nats were allocated it would be a surprise if it was anywhere else... ::)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 05:06:11 AM »

sorry but Im not jumping for joy.I wondered and asked the question about the venue before it was confirmed.
I can't believe that its at Broadford.After seeing a few US outdoor nationals and plenty of GP's in Europe Broadford to me is a joke and an embarrasment. I would have traveled interstate to see a GP at Coolum or Manjimump or anywhere but that shithole.

Coolum,would not be GP worthy Manjimump would,I would have thought that Barabool would have made a great GP track but I think you will find that the track itself is less important than the facilities needed for the GP's these days,

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 09:08:14 AM »

MA will have to pour a shit load of money into Broadford to bring it up to scratch. It is embarrassing to think of state of the showers at Broadford, let alone the track. Looks like licence fees will be going up...again.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 09:37:29 AM »
A disappointment, the facilities at broadford are a disgrace, toilet, showers, 3rd world buildings, l am ashamed.

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 10:34:19 AM »
It is truly stunning that MA and MVIC continue to shovel money into Broadford, year after year, without apparently having to justify it to anyone.

And it appears this same situation is now happening with Barrabool as well.

Is it just a coincidence that the head office of MA is in the State of Victoria and that also happens to be where two major motorcycle complexes are owned by the regulatory bodies?  ::)

I am sure glad that I do not race or have to pay MA fees any longer.  ;)

Having said all of that, having the MXGP in Australia again is a good thing, but I'd rather have a round of the US AMA MX Championship, so that the Aussies racing overseas would get a chance to race at home.  ;D

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 12:07:35 PM »
What a bunch of forkwits, I too went to both GP's years ago and having just done the VMX nats there, what a disgrace....they treated us like second rate citizens. I wonder how much of OUR money they will pour into this?. Why not build a new track at Phillip Island?, would have to be cheaper as all the facility's are there already OR just do it at Conondale!! ;D.....commonsense if you ask me.....but then nobody is..... wheres Nathan.......
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 12:58:37 PM »
i was wondering how long it would take for that word to appear?
Conondale!!
it's almost like the bars been set for what the punters want.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 01:17:05 PM by vandy010 »
"flat bickie"

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 01:56:54 PM »

[/quote]

Coolum,would not be GP worthy

[/quote]

Why not  ??? ??? It has been holding some of the most prestigious National MX events for years. I tink a GP would be childs play, after putting on the Junior Nats for years.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 01:58:31 PM by evo550 »

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 04:28:32 PM »
It is truly stunning that MA and MVIC continue to shovel money into Broadford, year after year, without apparently having to justify it to anyone.

And it appears this same situation is now happening with Barrabool as well.

Is it just a coincidence that the head office of MA is in the State of Victoria and that also happens to be where two major motorcycle complexes are owned by the regulatory bodies?  ::)

I am sure glad that I do not race or have to pay MA fees any longer.  ;)

Having said all of that, having the MXGP in Australia again is a good thing, but I'd rather have a round of the US AMA MX Championship, so that the Aussies racing overseas would get a chance to race at home.  ;D

Most of the money that has gone into building Broadford has come from 3 sources.

Huge Donations from a small group of Vic clubs (Harley, Preston, Newport Braybrook etc)
Fundraising and donations from licence holders and raffles etc (thats how the road race cct was funded)
Grants from the Vic state govt thanks to tireless lobbying from a small group of MA Vic members

A lot of people have put years of blood sweat and cash in to make Broadford happen, it pisses me off reading of suggestions on this forum all the time of how everyones licence fees are being diverted to prop up Broadford...its a load of shit.

The only coincidence is that Broadford is in the same same state as a group of peolpe (normal club members not MA or MAV officials)  who have worked their arse of to build and fund the place

Looking fo a TZ750 anyone with any leads please PM

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2010, 04:45:40 PM »
Well said Mick22, You'll always get the serial whingers, makes you wonder if its because Victoria have another Major Sporting Event.

Ken & Dawn Baker