Author Topic: Cylinder Head Decompression Valve Fitments  (Read 3327 times)

Offline Pedro

• Novice
    • View Profile
Cylinder Head Decompression Valve Fitments
« on: June 25, 2010, 08:27:30 pm »
Gday Fellas,
                I recently fitted a decomp valve into my 500 and have done the same for a couple of other people and would be happy to do the same for big bore 500,430,420,390 or even a 250 forum members,  if you would like me to fit your own valve or i can supply and fit.
In case you dont understand how it works fellas you push the valve in until it clicks then when you kick the bike over a small amount of compression bypasses through the valve making it easy to kick then when the bike fires the sudden boost in compression closes the valve automatically this not only makes your day better it also helps preserve the kicking mechanism in your bike.

;D So send me a pm if you want more info and price
                                                                          Husky AU

« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 06:46:53 am by Husky AU »

Offline PEZBerq

• Legend
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: Cylinder Head Decompression Valve Fitments
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 11:15:00 am »
Nice job.  Highly recommend them.  Saves knackering yourself trying to start a big bore plus reduces the stress on the kick start assembly.
Husqvarnas: 78 390AMX, 82 430XC, 84 240WR, 84 500AE, 84 510TE, 87 510TE

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 05:48:45 pm »
Yep..have 2 installed and work a treat...buy a set from the US (two in a set) screw them into the extra plug hole )if you have them...easy!!

Offline Husky1

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 09:55:10 am »

They can leak and lose compression and performance, especially after a bit of use.

firko

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 10:11:30 am »
I've got these gizmos on all of my bikes except the Cheney where it won't fit because of pipe clearance. They make starting the 490 Maico a breeze, and I could almost kick the TM400 over with my willy with the decompressor. That's interesting that they wear with use and leak. That shouldn't be a problem with my lightly used garage queens though.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 10:18:31 am »
…and I could almost kick the TM400 over with my willy…

:o

It is not the fact that you could 'almost' do it that concerns me. It is the fact that you tried in the first place.  ???
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:29:15 am by vmx42 »
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

firko

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 10:51:59 am »
t is not the fact that you could 'almost' do it that concerns me. It is the fact that you tried in the first place.   
Perhaps I should have prefaced that statement with "After exhaustive tests I've concluded that in laboratory controlled experiments, lab monkeys could 'almost kick the TM400 over with their willys'."  ::)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 02:37:54 pm »
"After exhaustive tests I've concluded that in laboratory controlled experiments, lab monkeys could 'almost kick the TM400 over with their willys'."  ::)

I suppose that is why you never see girls riding TM400s?  ???
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"