Author Topic: where have they all gone  (Read 2561 times)

SAABCOMBI

where have they all gone
« on: June 24, 2010, 05:40:36 pm »
where have all the true enduro European bikes gone, they just done come up for sale.

All Things 414

Re: where have they all gone
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 05:46:29 pm »
Make me an offer Dave.... ;)

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 05:49:26 pm »
Its that the same as the vg that is on ebay at this present time.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 05:50:09 pm »
There were never that many around, really. Even in the mid 1980s when KTM and Husky were well established (and making very good bikes), they actually only sold tiny numbers of them.

I was told that my old '88 KTM125GS was one of ten or twelve brought into the country. Obviously there would have been more 250s out there.... but even if there was ten times as many, its still not a lot of bikes. After 20+ years, it makes sense that you hardly ever see them for sale.
Straight off the top of my head, I can think of about half a dozen pre-85, Euro enduro bikes that are sitting around doing sod-all and are not for sale. Their owners are collectors/Vinduro-ists, or they have sentimental attachment to the particular bike in question.

In the older era bikes, a lot stuff was converted to VMX spec.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

All Things 414

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 06:06:13 pm »
Its that the same as the vg that is on ebay at this present time.

I'm glad you ask that question David.....
Their frames are very similar with enduro having the rear frame loop. These had little rubber thingo's holding just about the whole bike together. This had a reed valve and the VG doesn't. These had a six speed, the Cappra a five. The one on eBay is an '81 (despite what he says) and this an '83.  :)

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 06:24:45 pm »
What sort of dollars are you looking at for yours.

All Things 414

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 06:29:39 pm »
What sort of dollars are you looking at for yours.

Green foldy ones and plenty of 'em!  ;)

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 06:49:21 pm »
That l have What amount are we talking.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 07:31:37 pm »
What would that be Paul.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 07:38:26 pm »
Ok, Paul, l put this thread on to see where all the enduro bikes have gone, and 414 trying to sell me one.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 07:41:44 pm »
thats a nice bike dave  for sure ;)

colmoody

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 07:55:14 pm »
DAVID # 46 now that you have them working in tandem you need to understand a couple of things. It will take a long time for a committment on an asking price and it will be expensive.

All Things 414

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 08:43:50 pm »
DAVID # 46 now that you have them working in tandem you need to understand a couple of things. It will take a long time for a committment on an asking price and it will be expensive.

You don't even know me you knob. I've sold two bikes in the entire time I've been in VMX. One was waaaaay too cheap and the other I made about $200.00 on. Oh yeah and a 360 I sold to Montynut which he just about raped me on.
There's no Paul/414 enterprise going on here. I just offered it up to Dave as I know he's an old Monty man. I wasn't that serious.
Pull ya head in..... >:(

(Oh and I have given him a price ok?)

And while I'm on a roll how the f*%k would you know what my bikes are worth? I don't just slap 'em together like I've heard you do....

colmoody

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 09:44:24 pm »
Gosh big fella, seems like I have touched a nerve their. Can you enlighten me on which bikes I have slapped together.

All Things 414

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 06:22:24 am »
You haven't touched on a nerve there mate. You've just made a really stupid, off the cuff comment.
You first. Can you enlighten me on which bikes I wouldn't commit on and which ones were expensive?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 07:17:26 am by All Things 414 »