Author Topic: Question about Ebay hassles.  (Read 4077 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Question about Ebay hassles.
« on: June 24, 2010, 09:42:17 am »
So I bought a barrel that was advertised as being on the first oversize ("56.25mm"), but when it got here it was more like 56.78mm, meaning that it will have to go to the 4th OS before it can be used.

Anyhow, after some unsatisfactory discussion with the seller, the seller has gone quiet. So I opened a dispute through PayPal - I've asked for a half-refund as the barrel has half the advertised life left in it. Or for a full refund including postage costs because they made a "mistake" in the listing.

This seller is still just ignoring me.

Is it possible for the seller to just continue to ignore me, and make the problem go away (for them)? Or do Ebay/PalPal step in at some stage?

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Ebay hassles.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 09:45:42 am »
Seller has got 25-30 days to think about it till paypal step in..
They have done well by us.Just have to sit and wait  :-\
cheers
Best is in the West !!

TT

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 10:07:07 am »
Once you open a dispute through Pay Pal, if there's no response from the seller, they automatically find in your favour.
I had a similar situation once where the barrel was advertised as on the standard size, which is wasn't. Luckily, the seller realised his mistake and refunded my money.
Good luck, but I think you should be right.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 10:26:38 am »
Pay Pal refunded my money when an Item I purchased never arrived and the seller didnt answer.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 07:45:36 pm »
Pay Pal told me that they don,t cover the first $35. The item I didn,t get cost me $42. Yer rite :'(
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 09:30:53 pm »
So, I opened the dispute, and after a few weeks, PayPal emailed me and told me that my dispute was about to expire.
I escalated it to a claim, and then waited for the deadline.

The seller remained mute through this whole process, so Paypal found in my favour and refunded me the $75 I asked for.

Then, weeks later, the seller sends me this:
"would apreciate for you to send back as offered for a FULL refund including post the yz125 barrell piston & head as you were not happy with them to 41 Allison st Bowen hills 4006 thank you"

I've got my $75 back, and I'm walking away from this moron. I actually feel pity for them, because they clearly lack mental capacity. Maybe if the original ad had said "Half-wits trying to make it on our own in the big wide world", or "I struggle to tie my own shoelaces, so the bore diameter I've posted cannot be trusted", I may have have been prepared to pay too much to help them out.

Al's Bike and bits / Patricia Close, FWIW.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 06:40:10 pm »
In my experience  Ebay sometimes forgets to forward questions.
Nothing in messages but a question in your email.
Handy if you only check your messages.
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 09:30:49 pm »
Ok so when PP refunds your $ do you still have to send the part back to the seller? Thats the bit im not sure about. Several times ive been disapointed with the part or what ever but ive never made a claim if im gonna be out of pocket if i have to return the part, so dont bother. So does PP tell you to return the part once they give you your money back? The think i hate is that when you have a problem, PP says its too early to file a claim and to just wait, but then after you have waited then its too late to file a complaint >:(
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 09:40:30 pm »
In my case, No - I asked for a partial refund because I basically only got part of what I was promised. I've still paid for, and still own, the part.

Mike, as well as the ebay-emails that went unanswered, there was also the whole PayPal dispute/claim process that would have bombarded their inbox. I'm sure that they were ignoring me because they just wanted it to go away.
I got the money back a week before the email too.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 10:16:55 pm »
you still get to keep it I think the complaint works if you know what time to complain. I had a seller not post the items after 3 months of them not showing I got fairly suss started the paypal resolution thing and after him not answer my emails straight away made contact and I got my parts.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 10:20:01 pm »
So when PP gives you your money back where does it come from? If they get no response from the seller, do they actually have to go knocking on the sellers door with the cops and demand the money back? If its only $30 or so would it be worth it for them? Does paypal just pay for it? I want to know how PP gets the money back from the seller and then gives it back to you the ripped off buyer?

Also after a seller has had a complaint filed against them, do they then get banned from selling on ebay. Ive often done some searching and come across ebay sellers and it now says ‘ this seller has been removed/banned from ebay’ or ‘this sellers account has been terminated’ or something like that. One they have ripped someone off are they allowed to continue selling or are they removed immediately?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:26:08 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010, 10:21:09 pm »
does paypal remove the amount from the sellers account after refunding you the said amount?,or not?, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2010, 10:24:08 pm »
I assume because they have your address details aka card or bank account they could with draw from them I think that they also take there little cut from every transaction it says you have insurance with paypal up to $3000 they aren't a small company and they won't be out of pocket
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2010, 10:25:35 pm »
does paypal remove the amount from the sellers account after refunding you the said amount?,or not?, :P

I believe so.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 06:44:20 pm »
In my case, No - I asked for a partial refund because I basically only got part of what I was promised. I've still paid for, and still own, the part.

Mike, as well as the ebay-emails that went unanswered, there was also the whole PayPal dispute/claim process that would have bombarded their inbox. I'm sure that they were ignoring me because they just wanted it to go away.
I got the money back a week before the email too.
Yer no problems with that Nathan . :)
Sometimes I wonder what,s going on with Ebay,s communications.
Got one at the moment. Item Marked as posted on the 20th. Message in my email but not in Ebay messages.
Havn,t got the item yet. :o