Author Topic: what do you think  (Read 8782 times)

TM BILL

Re: what do you think
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 08:52:45 am »
Feeling the love boys feeling the love  :-*
Davey Crocket nicknamed me the Black Pom  ;D Guess i fit that description now  :)

What shits me more than anything with the motherland is that we invented all sorts of sports and gradually become 2nd rate at all of them  ::)

Then instead of stepping up and lifting the game its easier to hang shit on those at the top of the game  ::)

It seems now they want to play the bloody PC card as well as the Race card  :-[

Britain was once a World MX super power :) only in the last couple of years losing the record for most MXDN wins to the Seppos  >:(

The current crop of Pommy Mxers need to man up  >:( they owe it to the former legends like Stonebridge, Smith, Rickman, Bickers, Eastwood, Allan,Banks, Noyce, Hudson, Thorpe and Dobb.

I did my bit  :) I grew up racing with Noyce, Hudson and Thorpe  :) but i didnt dip into the talent pool to much so there was plenty left for them  ;D Obviously all the Poms want a bit now ( like all selfish young bastards these days ) so its spread a bit thin  :D

I would love to see a Brit on top of the world stage, but i think i will be waiting a while  ::)

Now dont start me on the Kiwis  ::) Behind Ben Townley (who i truly believe we have yet to see the best of )theres just a big Vaccum  :(
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 09:02:06 am by TM BILL »

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 08:54:09 am »
Just took a look [and even watched the Reed footage]. What a crock of s#%t.

Talk about a bunch of oversensitive,  tea sippin' whingers.
VMX42

Just one serious point though. Just spare a though for these guys [racers/sports people] that get interviewed and have to endlessly talk about themselves and there feelings and performances. Try it sometime and see if you don't sound like a complete, arrogant jerk. And then to have people replay your words and tear them to pieces - most of my sentences would end up on Funniest Home Videos. Just shows why they have to have thick skins. Rant end here.

and P.S. we luv ya Bill!! And you are right - Townley is coming!!!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 08:55:54 am by vmx42 »
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

mx250

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 09:03:51 am »
Hey Bill, we have a vacancy for PM at the mo, do you want to throw your hat into the ring?

TM BILL

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 09:15:17 am »
Hey Bill, we have a vacancy for PM at the mo, do you want to throw your hat into the ring?

Im up for it Graeme  ;D as long as i can get every other weekend off to go VMXing  :D

mx250

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 09:27:03 am »

Im up for it Graeme  ;D as long as i can get every other weekend off to go VMXing  :D
Lets do some horse trading. I'll agree for your VMX week ends off if you'll agree to make all VMX costs refundable through Medibank on the grounds the medically beneficial results for old farts ;D.

TM BILL

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 09:29:56 am »
Shit Graeme if i get in do you want the finance ministers post  :)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 09:43:04 am »
Tame really to the trolls that inhabit crash.net and the keyboard fury they direct at 'our' Casey Stoner
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 10:58:54 am »
Just read the Bailey article in VMX last night and that's exactly what they both were saying even in the US-namely that the young guys don't have to work hard enough and moan like shit when it all goes wrong for them.
Chad has/is working his butt off and his results show where as most others just show up.
The vaccum you speak of in NZ is there for sure but has been 20 yrs coming when you look at who has gone before him and I hope you are right in saying his best is yet to come.
I think Sth America will be the next MX superpower now that Dakar has gone there, this will bring lots of new kids to the sport from hot blooded latin lads mixed with their wish to get out of poverty and seeing this as their avenue.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 11:12:07 am »
…I think Sth America will be the next MX superpower now that Dakar has gone there, this will bring lots of new kids to the sport from hot blooded latin lads mixed with their wish to get out of poverty and seeing this as their avenue.

Interesting theory!! Haven't heard that one before, if you are right then you can say "I TOLD YOU SO" loud and proud.  :D 

You heard it here first on OzVMX.
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 11:39:49 am »
LOL --or the other theory is they will come from Afghanastan-have you seen how they can punt an old roady up a desert road while hanging on to an AK47??

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 11:50:05 am »
…or the other theory i…

Good to see you have narrowed it down to two possibilities!

Any more would just be frivolous.  ;D

mx250

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 11:58:05 am »
Just read the Bailey article in VMX last night and that's exactly what they both were saying even in the US-namely that the young guys don't have to work hard enough and moan like shit when it all goes wrong for them.
Chad has/is working his butt off and his results show where as most others just show up.
Been the same in Oz for how long, 20 years? There's been 4-5 at or near the top and then an enormous gap in talent/commitment. The fact that Chad (and Casey and a few others) was able to find the drive to raise above that says one hell of a lot for his character for me. (And I love his smooooth riding style 8)).

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 12:00:29 pm »
Feeling the love boys feeling the love  :-*
Davey Crocket nicknamed me the Black Pom  ;D Guess i fit that description now  :)

What shits me more than anything with the motherland is that we invented all sorts of sports and gradually become 2nd rate at all of them  ::)

Then instead of stepping up and lifting the game its easier to hang shit on those at the top of the game  ::)

It seems now they want to play the bloody PC card as well as the Race card  :-[

Britain was once a World MX super power :) only in the last couple of years losing the record for most MXDN wins to the Seppos  >:(

The current crop of Pommy Mxers need to man up  >:( they owe it to the former legends like Stonebridge, Smith, Rickman, Bickers, Eastwood, Allan,Banks, Noyce, Hudson, Thorpe and Dobb.

I did my bit  :) I grew up racing with Noyce, Hudson and Thorpe  :) but i didnt dip into the talent pool to much so there was plenty left for them  ;D Obviously all the Poms want a bit now ( like all selfish young bastards these days ) so its spread a bit thin  :D

I would love to see a Brit on top of the world stage, but i think i will be waiting a while  ::)

Now dont start me on the Kiwis  ::) Behind Ben Townley (who i truly believe we have yet to see the best of )theres just a big Vaccum  :(

I'll turn a blind eye at Vic Allan on that list of Poms.  ;D

It's been quite barren since Thorpe & Nicoll parked it, aside from that awesome season of Malin vs Tortelli in 96, Dobber's world title and that des Nations win in 94.

England needs to lift their game.  Scotland only has a pool of 4 million-odd to pick riders from, we can't keep carrying Team GB forever..  8)

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 01:10:45 pm »
About Chads style. Smooth is not the word - more like fliud- like pouring on custard. How does he stay with the bike so well?

suzuki43

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2010, 07:33:20 pm »
Check it out Bills mates back,and guess what he takes exception to being called a Pommie,what a total dribbling poofter! oops I mean homosexual!!! ;D :D
http://forums.mxtrax.co.uk/showthread.php?t=276151&page=6